Arky Hog series this weekend.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Jean Lafitte, May 12, 2003.

1. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

This LSU Tiger baseball team is only 10-9 on the road this season. This is not a good baseball team on the road.

I hope that the LSU Tiger baseball team realizes that their road record this season is only average. They have something to prove here. I hope that they realize it.

2. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

While one win seals the Championship, we really need a sweep and at least a SEC Tourny Championship Game appearence if we want to host a Super Regional.

3. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

The Ags message boards are all talking about an a&M-LSU super regional. A Rice fan has a a regional projection and it has an a&m team getting the 8th national seed and no team from the sec getting one.
    Bias Regional Projections

4. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

If LSU or South Carolina wins the SEC tourny they should have a Super Regional. It will be tough to win both the regular season title and a tourny title. I don't think it has been done in a few years.

5. tigerdoc88

tigerdoc88 Founding Member

I love those predictions from the Rice fan. Seven SEC teams in the tournament (the most from any conference), yet none of them get a top eight seed. So the champion of the best conference in college baseball doesn't get to host a Super Regional. That makes a lot of sense.

6. OhioTigerFan

OhioTigerFan Founding Member

Does anyone know who will be the starting pitchers for the Tigers this weekend? Thanks.

7. Saw that our RPI is up to #6, and SEBaseball.com has projections with LSU the 7 national seed hosting the super with the winner of the A&M regional.

I don't think that we have to sweep or win the tourney to get a super, but we need to be sure to clinch this weekend and make a decent showing in the tourney to say the least. Basically, don't do anything to slip or show the perception of a slip.

Here's the link to the projections:
    http://www.sebaseball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=186466

8. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

Haven't seen anything offical. Should be Meier,Pettit,& Bumstead.

That rotation has been pretty good to us.

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

TO ADMIN: I posted this same thing on the Quick Reply and it didn't "take". Just a heads up.

10. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

Thanks SabanFan.

You have to be logged in for the "Quick Reply" to work. Cookies have to be enabled on your computer. Let me know if you continue to have problems.