Aspect to the game not discussed much...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Laminator, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Laminator

Laminator Founding Member

Lack of penalties! Far and away the cleanest game we played.. don't think we had a single penalty the entire first half and like 3-4 for the entire game. No drive-killing false starts, no holds, no stupid personal fouls.

If we could have played even half that cleanly in the regular season we would easily be undefeated. What is it about Miles and his LSU bowl teams? Friggin nails. :crystal: :crystal: :geauxtige :geauxtige

1 person likes this.
  2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

It's been discussed and all agree it was a major factor in the game. LSU had tons of drive and momentum killing penalties all season long. Players and coaches said they were addressing the issues during the long prep time and it really payed off.

1 person likes this.
  3. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

righto.

4 penalties one of which was an intentional delay of game.

you can't argue with what miles has done in the postseason. give him time to prepare and he's outcoached weiss and tressel.

btw where are all the osu fans who thought it unfathomable that miles could outcoach tressel. if you guys still think you have the better coach, then fine, take your "better" coach, i'd rather have one of these:crystal:

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

what about the punting? patrick fisher sure had a heck of a senior year and a NC game.

how the hell did he punt the ball 60+ yards in the air when his leg only got halfway off the ground when he was roughed.

the total penalties were a shocker. we were focused in spite of not having a dvd.

5. stk

stk Founding Member

Haven't reviewed the game yet, but i'm not sure that pass interference call was legitimate.

The celebration penalty was stupid, but who cares - that was a huge play.

1 person likes this.
  6. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

actually, we have both.

good point. when watching the replay, i was amazed that ball went anywhere.

2 people like this.
  7. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Since it was the Big 12 officials officiating, It kind of makes one ask one's self... "Were all those penalties this year our fault? Or was it the result of the SEC's finest officials doing business as usual?"

2 people like this.
  8. BamaBengalTiger

BamaBengalTiger Geaux Tigers !!!!!

From all of the bowl games I watched, this was the best officiated game by far. And from some of my other posts you will notice that I think officiating in CFB is the worst.
    But in all fairness, the Tigers were well prepared, and they did not commit any stupid mistakes.
    I thought the officials did a "damn fine job"

1 person likes this.
  9. cristof11

cristof11 Founding Member

I don't like to play that what if game, especially since the last couple of years, teams that have won it all, have been some of the most penalized teams in the country.

1 person likes this.
  10. raysez

raysez Freshman

Something that shouldn't go unnoticed by the coaching staff next season. Those penalties made for longer, closer games and possibly added to fatigue and injury. We especially don't need to be on the field longer than what we have to on defense, considering all the young players we'll have out there. Finally, Miles needs to remind the SEC officials of the CG and how "well" it was called!

1 person likes this.