ATH Morris Claiborne

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by pjnchamps, Nov 11, 2008.

1. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

2. pjnchamps

Re: Morris Claiborne Commits

Anybody know what position we are looking at him playing because I hear WR & CB but in a tight numbers year how do you take him with so many big names left and over CM. Also DJ Banks who was the MVP of the LSU camp at DB didn't even get a offer.Does this mean we aren't looking to good with the big names because he would've probably accepted a scholarship later on.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I think he projects as one of those that can end up on either side of the ball and something LSU likes to have regarding flexibility.

In his case, he may end up wherever the coaches need him most (WR or DB).

More than likely ends up as a DB.

Look for him to get a high 3 or low 4 star rating when all is said and done.

4. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

most likely a db, people are freaking out over his star status, but the one game I did see him play this year, the kid is a freak athlete, he will surprise, plus you have to trust CLM on this one, I assure you this isnt a risk but more of a reward and a steal.

5. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

From a November 8, 2008 Shreveport Times article on the game between Morris Claiborne's Fair Park Indians (4-6) and the Minden Crimson Tide (4-6):

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2008811080355

6. Perple

Perple Founding Member

June 21, 2008

http://blog.nola.com/prepsports/2008/06/football_recruiting_preseason.html

Welcome to LSU Mr. Claiborne!! :crystal::geaux::crystal:

7. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

Just a reminder to those in doubt, Jacob Hester arrived as a 2-star prospect via rivals.

8. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux::crystal::helmet: How true and the rest, they say, is history. Everything I've read on this kid says he's a great prospect. Versatile, great speed and instincts, great attitude. No known off the field or attitude probs. Looks to be a good pickup/addition to the class. I'll trust CLM on this kid. Could really end up being a steal. :geauxtige:champs::LSU231:

9. TigerBait45

TigerBait45 Founding Member

He looks like a good pickup..I don't think he'll be a superstar but I definitely think he'll be a solid, well-rounded contributor. Guys like that are what the championship teams we've had lately have been built around,.

10. pjnchamps

I don't care about stars either because alot of times some players aren't even evaluated by the services in person. I was just wondering since we are in a "tight" numbers years and CM is a so called numbers casualty does this reflect that we might be in doubt with some of those other players. I gotta go with him playing DB over WR eventhough that position is crowded as well with Chris Hawkins being the only senior next year. But i believe you can never have enough DB/S now in football with the spread.

Also is he a grey shirt candidate?