Auburn Fans

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by VP-TIGER, Nov 13, 2002.

1. VP-TIGER

VP-TIGER Freshman

I've only been to a few away games but I went to Auburn a few weeks ago. While most of the fans did't say much I was cursed at leaving the game almost got in a fights with some Auburn punks. I'ts one thing to hollar at someone else but these punks were aholes. They followed us all the way back to our vehicle shouting LSwho and other crap. Like I said, I haven't been to many away games but as far I know Auburn has the worst fans. And they can thank those guys for my opinion.

2. will0945

will0945 Freshman

Spend 2 weeks living next to &/or being around some UT fans and I guarentee you will change your mind ;) I dont even live near Tennessee, but I have been to Neyland and its not fun....

3. AUMorgan21

AUMorgan21 Founding Member

Ive never personally seen Auburn fans follow people to their cars yelling behind them, but who knows EVERY team has thier fair share of jackasses. And I will continue to be amazed that people think Auburn has the worst fans. Of all the people I know or have run into only comment on how great and hospitable the atmosphere is here. And of course I am biased, but even when Bama is in town Ive never seen things get out of hand. But like Ive said before, Ill never win the "fan war" with you guys. Its just something about the AU/LSU game that brings out the worst in people I guess. It didnt bring out the worst in me, I had a fabulous time in the rain that day. And praise God for rain, its forecasted to rain on Saturday as well, and for some unknown reason Auburn plays really well in the rain, and the fans are SO much louder when it rains! So I say bring on the rain!!!

WAR EAGLE!!

4. VP-TIGER

VP-TIGER Freshman

you right it's useless to keep bringing fan behavior up. I was just very pissed off at those guys at the game. That was really the only aholes I ran into. And belive me I know we have a bunch to. I bet it sucks for AU fans to be pulling for AL this week right.(ha)
    Lets stick to talking football.

LSU SEC CHAMPS 2001 & 2002

5. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

I feel I need to add that I had a great time in Auburn. Everybody was nothing but nice to me. I admit, I got a little bit of taunting after the game, but it was no biggie. No worse than "Tiger Bait." And I imagine that Auburn fans followed just about everyone to their cars. When you have 80,000 people leaving a common location in evey direction, there will be people in front of, behind, and beside you. I walked with the same group of Auburn fans the entire way to my car, but they werent following me to rub it in. In fact, an elderly gentleman, upon learning I was an LSU fan, continuously reminded me about being in the drivers seat in the west.

They had to get to their cars too, you know.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Yeah. Cut them some slack.

Remember. When they woke up the next day they were still in Auburn. That has to suck. Only being in Starkville could be worse.

7. AUMorgan21

AUMorgan21 Founding Member

:)

Hahahahah!! I love this town actually. And Ive been on a football high ever since that game. So it was great to wake up that next morning and know that I was still in Auburn. :D I live from Saturday to Saturday in the fall, its great. Not great for my classes but its great fun!

WAR EAGLE!!

8. JonTheTigerFan

JonTheTigerFan Founding Member

I agree and disagree about Auburn fans

Like just about every football team, Auburn has some bad seeds. LSU has them as well. I went from Baton Rouge to Auburn and met up with some friends of mine from Columbus, GA. Only one of them is an LSU fan, but the others are GA Bulldog fans and hate Auburn, so they all wore LSU hats and shirts just to pull against Auburn. That shows you how SEC fans can really get into not only pulling for their team, but also pulling against their team's rivals. That is football in the SEC. Some people take it overboard, however, like some guy about 4 rows in front of me at the Auburn game who said he was gonna whip my ass at halftiime just because I was poking fun at Tuberville and yelled for him to fake the punt from his own 10 yd line. (He changed his mind when I walked to the end of the isle and he saw I was 6'5, 250 lbs). One other thing I saw that disturbed me was on the trip home. I saw a really nice motor home, and believe me those things arent cheap, that was done with half LSU and half AU graphics. It was really nice and took a lot of money to do. Underneath the AU and LSU logos on one side, someone had spraypainted the score of the football game. I'm sure it was some unruly punks that did it, but that is still f@%ked up. All in all, though, I had fun and I dont think Auburn has bad fans at all and I look forward to going back.

9. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

Speaking of fans. I havn't been to an Auburn away game, but I've been to several Kentucky games & have always been treated square. My bad experiences have been at Virginia Tech (this year), Tulane in New Orleans & believe it or not, Alabama fans at Tiger stadium in Baton Rouge. I do say that the most uncomfortable chat boards for me are War Eagle Nation (Auburn) & Raginpagin (ULL).

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Re: :)

Actually Morgan, I don't think anytging upsets you. Bet you're a morning person too.
    Not complaining, tho. Plenty enough old crabs around here (present company included).