Auburn won fair and squar today

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by sounds7, Sep 18, 2004.

1. sounds7

sounds7 Freshman

Auburn won fair and square today

With all the crying threads about the PAT penalty,
    You guys are sounding pretty pathetic. The Refs didnt give this game to anyone. LSU lost it plain and simple. All the chances LSU had to drive the ball down the field but was stuffed by Auburn's defense.

If you want to talk about blown calls how about the touch down Brown had that was ruled out by a "Phantom" step out of bounds that didnt happen. Or the Pass interference call that didnt happen on the 4th down play following. Even the unbiased anouncers said LSU got away with one there. Give it a rest and accept defeat with honor. LSU will live to play another day and who knows, maybe they will get another shot at Auburn for the SEC div title.

2. BB

BB Founding Member

Well said, but we will not play Auburn again this year...

3. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

Let me guess, you came over from sr.com?

First post and you say we sound pathetic? Wow. Amazing.

4. Domanick

Domanick Founding Member

Phantom step out of bounds? are you drunk? He stepped out of bounds at about the 5... Auburn was extremely lucky that they gave him the 3.

Oh, and if you're going to try and bring weak smack, the least you could do is learn how to spell square.

5. danky

danky Founding Member

Agreed. Making up excuses has always been in my opinion relegated to the realm of losers. Lets just move on and win out.

6. JVincent25

JVincent25 Founding Member

To deny that Ronnie Brown stepped out is pure blindness. I didn't even see the supposed PI, I was in here typing on the forums. One thing I was dissapointed in was the clock management by the Auburn people. With that fumble/incompletion or whatever the heck they called it where Travis Daniels caught the ball out of bounds the clock ran on after that play and LSU lost another 30 or so seconds. Also, when Doucet caught that 8 yard pass and we called a TO they ticked off about an additional 4 seconds.

7. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

What ever man your team got lucky.

8. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

In the game I saw it was mostly LSU's quarterbacks' lack of passing accuracy or ability which stuffed LSU's drives.

9. sounds7

sounds7 Freshman

silly, correct me on my spelling. fine. I was going to correct it as it was a keyboard error.

Brown did not step out of bounds. I checked the re-play. Still it was the call. And that was pass interference on Auburn's TE in the end zone. Even the TV guys spoke out about it. The fact is, there are bad calls in almost every game. Was the call on the PAT bad? I dont think so, that is for the proffesionals to decide. This score could have actually been more lopsided than it was.

10. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

he stepped out at the 4, they showed it on 2 angles.

no pass interference because he was not 5 yards off the line. Holding maybe (big maybe), but no interference.

you won, congrats. quit bitching over here and go celebrate. nobody likes lurkers who flame on assinine things.

lata :cool: