Awareness by a freshman award

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Deceks7, Nov 1, 2009.

1. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

Rodney Scott, Ole Miss freshman and former AU commit, laid on the field without moving. On top of him was Zac Etheridge, also motionless. Zac and Antonio Coleman had hit helmet to helmet while trying to tackle Scott. The moment that the play ended Scott must have sensed something was wrong as he remained still.

It took some time for Zac to be removed from the field on a gurney. Early reports are that the x-rays are negative and that he does have feeling and movement in his extremities.

How Scott recognized what had happened is beyond me. His response, however is definitely my Play-Of-The-Day.

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

incredible

glad to hear the young man is ok

3. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

Zac is out for the year. A full recovery is in the cards, but it is not known if he can play next year.

View attachment 12514

http://blog.al.com/auburnbeat/2009/11/zac_etheridge_bound_for_full_r.html

Chizik praised Scott, who was lying on the turf underneath Etheridge. Scott was not injured on the play.

"It was one of the most amazing things I've seen," Chizik said. "I've got to give that young man a lot of credit. I don't know how he knew but he just knew he couldn't move. He sat as still as the night laying right underneath him. It was one of the most phenomenal things I've witnessed."

4. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

That's AMAZING!!! :thumb: