B-Ball Staff Taking Shape

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bhelmLSU, Apr 18, 2008.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Johnson wants to keep Butch and Treloar. Dollar still up in the air.

Keith Richards is in contract negotiations.

http://www.2theadvocate.com/sports/lsu/featured/17894644.html

2. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

i think keeping butch is huge. treloar too. i'm glad TJ is keeping these guys who are familiar with La. recruiting and SEC play. :tigereye:

3. clair

clair Rockets

I sure hope it is that Dollar is considering another job and not that they don't want him back.

The dude was brought in to recruit GA and signed 2 great players from that state.

It would be way silly to not keep him.

4. Kajun4LSU

Kajun4LSU Founding Member

I'm surprised Butch would want to stay after being shunned. Must not have any other offers available.

5. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

I think that's the case. None other than the ole CJB himself has made an associate head coach offer to Mr. Chad Dollar. The article goes into it... calls to Dollar were left unanswered.

Brady's smart. He needs a recruiter and Chad's a guy that wants a promotion. Not going to necessarily get it here, with Pierre, Treloar and Richard in front of him. We lose some love with GA recruits, I'm sure, which isn't great, but I think Dennis Harris and Delwan Graham are still coming.

On the other hand, keeping Pierre and Treloar, and adding Richard is a nice little staff brewing. CTJ is probably thinking between him, Pierre and Richard that's enough recruiting coverage of LA/TX and beyond to be competitive. Having a guy like Richard, who has good HC experience and perhaps more demanding from a coaching perspective on these kids, and Treloar bodes well for player development and in-game coaching.

:geauxtige LSU IS A BASKETBALL SCHOOL (AGAIN). BE A FAN.

6. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

You know this could almost be a separate thread, but I've wondered what the "rep" of Butch as a coach really is. I think he's just a victim of the "oh, well, he's just a good recruiter" tag. Honestly, the guy loves LA, LSU and he's got a good gig. Many smaller schools aren't as high profile, not in LA, and may not also take a gamble on him given the last couple of years at LSU. He could make a lateral move to another comparable school, but why? I think that a couple of years with CTJ will be a good thing for Butch. As you saw from the article, CTJ has developed other Assistant HC during his tenure who have gone on to other HC positions.

7. Kajun4LSU

Kajun4LSU Founding Member

I don't think Brady or Pierre were highly regarded bench coaches. Pierre was the recruiter. At this stage Pierre may want to stay in state and Johnson has given him the opportunity.

8. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I think he is a victim of Brady ball.

9. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i wanted dollar to stay but if he's gonna leave there's not a much better place than Ark St.(for LSU fans). hopefully these two programs are fishing in different ponds.

10. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

I don't understand the fascination with Richard. His players at LaTech couldnt stand him...