Welcome to TigerFan.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the LSU community.

Bad Gas in Baton Rouge Stations

Discussion in 'The RoundTable' started by LSUDad, Mar 26, 2014.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Senior Member

Looks like some bad gas in some of the stations in the area. Check engine light comes on. Early reports might be Ethanol additive. Some have taken into dealerships, tank removed and flushed. Kind of costly. Anyone else heard of this?
  2. LSUDad

LSUDad Senior Member

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Doesn't shock me, station owners trying to make an easy buck, cutting the product, old drug dealer/bootlegger tactic
  4. LSUDad

LSUDad Senior Member

Looks like initial Ethanol report might be wrong, but you never know.
  5. fanatic

fanatic Buckle your seatbelts...

So there's no bad gas? Reason I ask is - while I don't live in Baton Rouge, but I do work in NOLA and my check engine light has recently started coming on. It goes off after a couple of days, but I have noticed a pattern and it's usually a day or so after I get gas at a certain store.

I know where a station is that sells ethanol free gas. I'm going to start filling up there and see if it makes a difference.
  6. LSUDad

LSUDad Senior Member

There is bad gas in the area.
  7. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Veteran Member

I had this happen before. While in Florida for vacation I picked up some bad gas. On way home I sputtered on HWY 98 and pulled over. Was out of gas but my fuel gauge was at a quarter of a tank. Forget what gas it was but I sent in a claim and had the damages paid for.
  8. LSUDad

LSUDad Senior Member

ExxonMobil has a toll free number people can call with questions or concerns about fuel they may have purchased in the Baton Rouge area. The number is 855-300-2659.
  9. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Veteran Member

Oh and print your receipts at the pump at least until this is cleared up. Would have been a bigger hassel if I didn't have one when this happened to me.
    LSUDad likes this.
  10. fanatic

fanatic Buckle your seatbelts...

Who did you send your claim to? And, did only reimburse you for the gas or did the gas damage anything else on your car?