Bama gives A&M permission to speak to Fran

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SoLa in NoIll, Dec 4, 2002.

1. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

Here is the statement from Bama AD Mal Moore:

Wednesday, December 04, 2002

The interest that has been generated in Coach Franchione's situation, especially regarding Texas A&M in the last few weeks, has been tremendous. This normally happens when a team enjoys the kind of success that we had this season.

I have been contacted by a representative of the president's office at Texas A&M asking for permission to talk to Coach Franchione. I will not impede Coach Franchione in any manner if he wishes to talk to A&M.

However, I want to stress that we want Coach Franchione to finish his coaching career at The University of Alabama. We have made what we feel is a strong and fair contractual offer for him to stay.

http://pub163.ezboard.com/falabamafans48326frm1.showMessage?topicID=31735.topic

IF he goes to A&M, who in the hell can Bama get given their current and future circumstances? If I were a Bama fan, I'd be very worried.

2. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

The plot thickens...

3. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

If he leaves I think our feelings about him were true after the ass he made of himself with Saban might have shown the top of the ice berg.

Personally, I could care less about Fran, with Saban in our stable, I still think Saban is the best coach in the SEC.

But if he bolts on Bama, I hope he gave them the common courtesy of a reach around. Because he (Insert foul statement here)