Bammer officially investigating agent contact

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Deceks7, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

Sources: Alabama's Marcel Dareus under scrutiny - ESPN

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. -- University of Alabama officials are investigating whether junior defensive lineman Marcel Dareus broke NCAA rules by attending an agent's party in Miami's South Beach earlier this summer, multiple sources told ESPN.com.
    Dareus, ranked as the No. 7 prospect for the 2011 NFL draft by ESPN analyst Mel Kiper, is the latest prominent college football player to be entangled in an evolving NCAA investigation into illegal contact and conduct by sports agents.

2. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

3. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Saban pretty much lit a match on any future NFL career. Which is kind of great actually. Took some stones to say this.

Good for Nick.

Sources: Alabama's Marcel Dareus under scrutiny - ESPN
    Saban said. "I'm about ready for college football to say, 'Let's just throw the NFL out. Don't let them evaluate players. Don't let them talk to players. Let them do it at the combine.' If they are not going to help us, why should we help them?

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

well well well, say it aint so...

5. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

I completely agree with the man. I really wish the NFL would step up and say something like, "Any agent caught tampering with the college eligibility, will be banned from NFL contact for 5 years."

6. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

good point. this could get ugly in a lot of places. i just hope like hell not at lsu.

i still say declare open season on sports agents.

7. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

While I agree with Saban, I tend to believe that something must be seriously wrong for him to say such a thing. It's more about him deflecting attention from Alabama onto the NFL instead.

8. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I am hoping too but Dareus said 9 high profile SEC athletes were there and rumors that one may be Pat Pete. :dis:

9. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

+1

Where was the outrage by saban when a recruit was flown to bama on a private plane? It is who benefits, not what was right or wrong. Jones and Ingram were called in for extra benefits last year. I don't really have compassion for someone who got away with it once coming back for seconds.

Last Update: 4/15 11:38 pm
    TUSCALOOSA, AL (WIAT) - On March 17th Bengals wide receiver Chad Ochocinco was impressed. Not just with the Miami nightlife as he was putting his down time to good use, but also with a certain college wide receiver. Alabama's Julio Jones.

"Just saw college wide recieverJULIO JONES, dude is huge, I need to get in the weight room asap." That's how Ochocinco described his run-in with Jones to the Twitter world.

Thursday night after Alabama's final practice before Saturday's annual A-Day game Jones was able to weigh in on the issue.

When asked what his reaction to the story was Jones simply smiled and said "I mean the guy has to get in the weight room I guess."

http://www.cbs42.com/mostpopul...5s-nPY0t0Q.cspx

10. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

if so, i say we find out who the agent is and offer a reward.:mad: