Baseball drops to #2 in poll

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by jarad, Mar 30, 2004.

1. jarad

jarad Founding Member

They couldnt resist it, Stanford swept Cal Poly and now they are # 1. I am sick and tired of these writers or who ever they are that in some way imagines the SEC is not the toughest confrence in all most all sports. I cant wait until Omaha so we can run over the west coast teams! Taking two out of three from Mississippi state which is #24 on their poll means nothing.

Is it just me or does this just piss you off. I know polls mean nothing and the Omaha is the only thing that matters but come on! :mad:

2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

In baseball the schedule seems to hurt the SEC teams since they all beat up on each other whereas in basketball it helped several teams and the SEC wasn't too god this year, so I'd say it evens out.

3. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

You also have to consider that college baseball gets very little TV exposure, so those who vote really have to rely on stats and W-L record. That's why you see big differences in the various polls.

Our goal is to be a Top 8 seed when regional play starts ... these polls are meaningless.

4. BB

BB Founding Member

We want Stanford to be #1 because the Cardinal are the greatest choke artists of all time...

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i told you...its a matter of time each year. they look for a reason to put stanford #1 at least once. its a ritual set in stone... There is no Abner Doubleday. Its Abner 'the stanford' cardinal according to them. One year they will go .500 and still be ranked #1 somehow. Now i cant get Joe Borchards pic out of my head. damn.