Baseball Parking

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DaNutria, Apr 16, 2009.

1. DaNutria

DaNutria Founding Member

Going to my first game at the new Box tomorrow. Where is the best place to park? I noticed three lots around the stadium, I assume these are by permit only?

Thanks!

2. PodKATT

PodKATT Time to Put Your Pants On

[​IMG]

All the lots around the stadium are permit only. Free parking starts at the Hayfield.

Also, since the spring game is tomorrow, all other lots south and west of Tiger Stadium will likely be open as well.

3. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

I actually prefer to park at the parking lot across Bertman drive from the old Alex Box (parking lot C?). There is a sidewalk that goes to the stadium next to Nicholson. It's about a block or so walk but the parking lot is paved. It's right next to that purple arrow on the above map.

4. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

park in the champion lot. haha, but seriously... even if you had a permit the traffic sucks getting out. that field off of burbank might be open, but you'd have to cross the tracks and the ditch. best bet is probably what RHans405 said. traffic will probably suck all over anyway.

5. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

All depends on where your seats are. If you are on the 3rd baseline or LF, you are better to park in the Hayfield lot. If you are 1st base or RF or grandstand, you can park across from the old Box or across Nicholson.

All depends on how much exercise you want, or need...