Baseball

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mss1616, Jan 20, 2006.

1. mss1616

mss1616 Freshman

Has anyone been to practice to see how that was going? And does anyone know what the line-up is going to be?LSU!

2. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

haven't been to a practice yet but it would have to be something similar to this because of lack of depth:

Catcher: Liuzza, of course

Infield:
    1B: Will Harris (Leader)
    2B: Michael Hollander (Needs to continue to get even better, all SEC in the making here...)

3B: Jordan Mayer or Steven Waguespack (Mayer has power but can he play "D"? Who knows anything about Waguespack?

SS: Jason Ogata (expect GREAT things here...)

Outfield:
    RF: Stewart (Great exp, should lead in HRs)
    CF: Sprowl (Great exp, should be a crafty LO man...)
    LF: Steven Broschovsky (order could change, but Sprowl has the most speed out there.)

Pitching is where we will shine (w/e rotation WILL change due to the nature...) but something like this:

Friday: Mr. Dirks (Sit your ass down son, you won't touch him)
    Saturday: Mr. Meier (May as well sit down here as well...)
    Sunday: Mr. Bonura (Hope he builds on his success as a fresh.. if so, sit yer ass down too)

Still too early to tell midweek and closer/relief, but..

Midweek: Big Taco Ramirez or English??
    Closer: English?? Ramirez? Olvey? Dardar? True Fresh?
    Relief: English?? Ramirez? Olvey? Dardar? True Fresh?

All in all, I expect great things from this team. They will be fun to watch, and they actually remind me A LOT of a Rice, Tulane, CSF type team with great pitching, a good mix of speed and power and a balance of experience and talent. IF we had CJ at third, we'd be all set for taking the SEC (and country) by surprise. Remember too that there is ALWAYS a guy who will come in and shine right away (Hollander last year..) We need our returning players to continue to get better and lead this team... we can certainly make it to Omaha with this squad! :geauxtige :lsup: LSU! :tigbas:

3. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

I read (can't remember which article I found in LSU News section) that Laval said Will Harris will replace Jackson at 3B.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

yes will is going to 3rd since we lost our good player in brian harris to cal state.

anyone hear about that dude from Notre Dame that transferred here a few months back....whats his name a rhp... derik ogilve or olvey or something.

whats he look like i wonder. hes supposed to be pretty good.

5. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

6. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

Bogany will start at CF... Quinn Stewart will probably DH b/c he is a defensive liablilty... Sprowl will start LF

7. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

Pitchers:

Friday Ace: Dirks
    Saturday: Ramy or Meier
    Sunday: Bonura

Midweek: Ramy or Meier, but Coleman is making some noise from what i hear

Closer: Dardar... bank on it... he started last year really rocky... then settled down, if not him then Cahill, but he has alot of control issues.

Pen is our only real weakness, plenty of arms but we don't know if they are as reliable as Faircloth and Determan.

8. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

I've been told that Bonura will be the Friday starter and Dirks will pitch Saturday. I agree KYeam Bogany will start in CF.

9. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

My friend heard from Dirks that he is Friday... but that may have changed, its been about a month since he was told this by Clay.