Bass to make final decision on Friday. Doesn't look good

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GMoney2600, May 10, 2005.

1. GMoney2600

GMoney2600 Founding Member

2. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

There's a LOT of underclassmen already declaring for the NBA. If I were Bass, I'd wait another year. Right now, with all of the underclassmen that have already declared, he may very well "get lost in the shuffle" and fall farther than what he has been told.

And the NBA isn't the NFL or MLB.... The NBA has far fewer rounds and the difference in pay is pretty substantial between the 1st and 2nd rounds.... Heck, there's a drop-off once you're selected outside the "Lotto" picks....

3. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Am i correct in saying that if he enters the draft but doesnt hire an agent, he can still keep his eligibility should he not like his draft spot?

4. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

I asked that recently.

No

He did that last year and can only do it once.

5. jpbiscuit

jpbiscuit Freshman

Well, guys, you have to look at it this way:

If he declares this year, he MAY go in the first round, which if that came to fruition would be worth declaring. But, if you look at the guys who are coming out at PF, Brandon is too small, and he is not experienced enough at 3 to play that position. He's a tweener. IMO the best thing he can do is to stay another year, and work on the skills the scouts look for in a 3, because face it, he's a great college 4, but in the pros he'll be going against Ben Wallace and 6-9 guys on a regular basis, and he just does not have the size to match up.

My guess is that he's got guys pushing him to come out who have their own agenda (read: entourage/agent/family/etc.) All he's got wanting him to stay are all of us, who are removed at best, and Brady (and we all know how far that goes).

If he goes, my guess would be early second round, and probably 2-3 years of struggle. If he stays, might push up to early to mid first round, but be a lot more polished and push for a spot earlier...

6. USNavyTiger

USNavyTiger Founding Member

writings on the wall.
    he's gone.

you really think he planned on playing at LSU until after he graduates?

I say he declares.

7. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I agree... 100%

8. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I think his plan was to come to LSU long enough to get drafted in the first round. As apparent by him entering the draft last year, he thought he was gone after this year. However, he knows that he's a tweener & could go higher if he waits another year.

Alot of us on here have read about the difficult financial situation his family is in. I can't blame him if he leaves.

9. LSUweezie

LSUweezie Founding Member

Well actually if he gets picked in the second round more than likely he won't make the team. In the 2nd round there are no guaranteed contracts. I think if he leaves this year he'll end up in the NBDL.

10. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

From the NCAA Website: