BCS: How Alabama gets to the BCS Title game with 1 loss

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Nov 25, 2013.

1. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

Did Bobby Joe bet his trailer on bama to Win?

If Auburn beats bama (and I give it about a 35% chance) , then bama will NOT play for the BCSC. The growing anti-SEC sentiment in the country isn't going to allow it a team into the BCSC Game if that team didn't win it's conference championship. Times have changed since the last time that bama backed its way into a title game.

[​IMG]

2. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

......that includes official documentation of 103 national championships in football and includes footnotes w/references to every poll that has ever mentioned them.

furduknfish likes this.
  3. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

Hillarious. If it was rape, I hope he doesn't walk and is nailed by the law.

I would be OK with FSU and Bama in title game. I would NOT root for Bama, which is funny because I've always hated FSU but Jimbo has softened my heart a bit.
    I also always pull for SEC but I won't be pulling for Bama to win it this year. I'm OK if the SEC doesn't win a title this year. However, if Auburn gets in there, I will pull for Auburn.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
    gyver and ParadiseiNC like this.
  4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Now the DA is saying at least 2 more weeks before a decision on the Winston case. So FSU wins it's next two games easily and then finds out it is playing the national championship game without it's leader (hypothetically). Alabama, who was certain to get blown off the field, now wins easily.

It would mark the 4th time Alabama has gotten lucky on it's way to a championship
    2009 - Colt McCoy decides to get injured in the CG
    2011 - Alabama backs into the championship game without even winning it's division, much less conference, or you can go back to the controversial call on the missed FG by Okie State vs Iowa State to win the game (ball was directly over the goal post to the right from the left hash)
    2012 - Oregon loses because their FG kicker can't convert from 42 yards out, or you can go back to the LSU game where you're one first down from victory formation, or Richt telling his QB to clock the ball and waste a down to win the game
    2013 - FSU declares Winston ineligible due to a felony indictment