Be honest..Had this happened in Tiger Stadium...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BigJ4LSU, Nov 9, 2002.

1. BigJ4LSU

BigJ4LSU Founding Member

Would you have been there to watch? Or would you be on your way out pissed off at the world, only to hear fans going nuts inside the stadium?

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

OK, I'll be honest...

Hate to say it but probably the latter. I'd have been making a beeline for the exit as soon as it became obvious that the kickoff after the field goal wasn't going to be returned any distance. And I would have been pissed because it would have been awesome to see that in front of a packed Tiger Stadium.

3. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Good question

I consider myself to be the eternal optimist and thought we still had a slim chance before the kickoff. After we returned it basically nowhere, I thought that slim chance had become no chance. I'm not sure what I would've done in Tiger Stadium but I may have left after the kickoff. When the odds become less than 1 in a 100 like they were, there's no telling. I was sitting right behind the goalposts of the GW kick in Tiger Stadium 39-36 when LSU blew it in the end. This makes up for that game and then some. Hail Mary? They need to come up with a term for today's play when there's no chance of reaching the end zone in the air.

4. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

I always stay for the whole game no matter the outcome. I paid good money to go to the game. It's not going to hurt me to stay there a few more minutes.

5. Catahoula

Catahoula Freshman

Be an Optomist!

I've never understood why people leave games early. It is the ticketholder's right to leave early and sit in traffic if he or she wants. But the possibility of witnessing something truly spectacular (once in a blue moon) like the LSU/Kentucky finish and more importanly, my desire to show my true support as a fan for my team is what keeps my butt on the bleachers until 60 minutes have passed, despite my prediction of the final outcome.

I was in Tulane Stadium the day Tom Dempsey kicked his 63 yard field goal to defeat Detroit. It was a cold, miserable day...and the performance by the Saints, up to the point of that kick, was even worse. But I stuck it out and supported them and was rewarded with a memory that will remain with me for the rest of my life. And as I walked from the stadium, I remember explaining to those outside who left early, how truly amazing that kick was.

Support your team through the bad moments and the sweet moments will be even sweeter.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Lesson learned

Though I reserve the right to leave if we're getting blown out and everyone around me is blaming the Coach.