Beat Tennesse

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MALONE121212, Mar 31, 2004.

1. MALONE121212

MALONE121212 Founding Member

I believe we will beat Tenn. I watched Tenn play and they could have easily been out this tournament much earlier. I think the key is get Semoine her touches but also for Hodges to play better than she did against Ga. Oh yeah if the big girl Clavelle plays good off the bench it will be a bonus.

2. BB

BB Founding Member

I think we can beat UT no questions asked. I'm glad we don't play Minnesota first because they have that gorilla inside and we are certainly suspect on defense in the paint. We match up better with UT than the other 2 IMO. However, we have been Pat Summit's bitch in the past.

3. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

Most definitely we can beat Tennessee. They don't have an overpowering inside game, which is what we struggle against. The way Temeka and Seimone are playing right now is unbelievable. If Hodges can knock down a couple of long distance shots and we don't miss as many layups as we did against UGA we will be in great shape to pull off the win. Geaux Lady Tigers!!!

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

That would be too cool for the Tigers to win another NC in N.O. Tennessee has always been a thorn in our side, as they have to every program except for UCONN, but we did beat them in the tourney a couple seasons ago with a team that is not close to being as good as this one as that team was so short on players it was amazing they could play with anybody. So hopefully this team will step up and give T. J. and S.A. some help and we'll take the Vols. we need to beat them before they get this new recruit next year that just won the dunk contest against the boys at the Mickie D's high school tournament.

5. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

Tennessee does not deserve to be here. they got a gift from the refs in that Baylor game with the bogus fould call with .02 seconds left. I hope we destroy them by double digits. IF Tennessee does win this title, you can put a big * next to it to indicate it is BS due to that Baylor game.

I hoe Tennessee fans come here and see this and get P.O.ed, cause they do not deserve to be where they are at and they know it.

Never knew I could be so bitter about women's college basketball..... :dis:

6. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

I don't understand how you can say they don't deserve it. If the ref makes a no call like he should have, the game goes into OT. You certainly can't assume Baylor would have beaten them in OT ... if anything, you have to assume UT would win in OT because of their experience and history.

7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Tigerwins, you're right that Tenn. could have still won in OT but by the same token you can't just dismiss that Baylor would have loss either. It just a shame the refs decided the game instead of the players and coaches.

8. MALONE121212

MALONE121212 Founding Member

Yeah but UT's center fouled out which could have helped Baylor. I thought the foul was a no call but it could have easily been called. Semoine must step up again this game.

9. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

We have a stellar recruiting class as well, with 6-5 Sylvia Fowles who can dunk without a running start. Everybody talking about this girl who won the dunk contest is funny. Her dunk was bad looking. She barely got it down and if she's a guy she gets about a 1 from every judge. Its cool that shes a girl and she dunked the ball, but everybody keeps talking like she actually beat the guys head to head with a better dunk.

10. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

Tennessee's center was fouled out, and they were unnerved. Baylor would have beaten them in OT, Baylor wanted it more.

That foul was BS. Vols suck.