Beavers trying to make LSU wear Purple???

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by cajdav1, Jul 29, 2004.

1. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

They're not trying to screw with your heads...You're inferring that's what they're trying to do...Because you're what we call here in Denham "looking for a fight"...

Saban asked because he HAS to ask if we can wear white...So they said no...What business of it is there's to know about our tradition? Who at Oregon State is it incumbent upon to find out that LSU does it differently? Saban has to ask EVERY opponent to wear white...So OSU said no...They want to increase their national exposure...They're not getting a return visit out of this scheduling agreement, and they bent over backwards with their own schedule to come down here and get their heads handed to them...

Why would they TRY anymore to get us amped up to play them? You guys are reaching...and it looks a tad silly...

We've got HUGE question marks at quarterback, and even at running back...also at wideout, we've got some HUGE shoes to fill...and on defense...Can Claude Wroten pick up the slack along with Williams on the D-Line?

In other words...WHO THE HELL CARES WHETHER THEY ARE TRYING TO SCREW WITH US. JUST MOW THEIR ASSES DOWN LIKE THEY'RE A BUMP ON PERKINS ROAD!

2. pensacola

pensacola Founding Member

Rondell says "BRING IT ON!"

3. LuvDoc

LuvDoc Founding Member

"Saban asked because he HAS to ask if we can wear white..."

Sure, the rules required that he ask (or is it dictated?), but the real question isn't why did he have to ask, but rather why did he care enough to ask?

"Why would they TRY anymore to get us amped up to play them?"

Dunno. Spurrier used to do it. I imagine it was a sweet topping to handing us our ass.

"What business of it is there's to know about our tradition? Who at Oregon State is it incumbent upon to find out that LSU does it differently?"

How about the guy who answered the phone?

"Golly Coach, it seem odd that you take the time and effort to call x months before our game and make this unusual request. This must not mean a damn thing to you or your fans. How bout I just say 'no' since it's one letter shorter than 'yes' ?"

That they could dismiss the request out of ignorance or indifference, as you have inferred, is as insulting as an overt attempt to disrupt our traditions, as I have (admittedly) inferred. Either way, it cheeses me. I'll say it again:

If they're trying to make it personal, the least we can do is oblige.

4. Proud Tiger

Proud Tiger Founding Member

So you're saying the visiting team should bow down, kiss your NC rings, just let you have your way, or they are bad asses? Hmmmmm nice attitude :yelwink2:

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Glad you're trying to meet us halfway so we can all be friends.
    How about we let them kiss your Sporting News Pre Season #1 rings :dis: ?

6. Proud Tiger

Proud Tiger Founding Member

This response was to Bizzy's post and not aimed at the rest of the board.
    Sorry if it came across that way.

7. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

Ole' PT. Stirrey the pot again (note to PT...Cajun dialect). We had opposing teams bowing down and letting us have our white jerseys at home long before we had the rings. ;)

For historical reference, Spurrier was an ass when he did it. And as for Vandy, you would have thought that with their cumulative GPAs and SATs, they would have been smarter than that. :lol:

8. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

No one has answered my question yet. Why can't we wear white if they wear orange?? Orange is not a white jersey, therefore we should be able to wear white, right? Lots of teams around college football wear orange jerseys at home and the road team wears white. Where does the problem come in?

9. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

I would interpret the rule I posted earlier as one team must wear white. It says "contrasting colors, AND the visiting team shall wear white jerseys" ... pretty clear that one team must wear white.

So yeah, LSU should be able to wear white...

10. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Hornet that was my fault, I should have put I thought they were going to wear their Orange, before they said we couldn't wear white I thought they were going to break out their new jerseys. My bad.