Ben Roethlisberger

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BB, Nov 14, 2004.

1. BB

BB Founding Member

This kid is really tearing it up in the NFL and he's great to watch. I dug this up because it made me a big fan of his when I read it over 2 years ago. Also, some of you may have forgotten about this or never seen it before. You don't see things like this very often. What a class act...

Miami QB Sends Complimentary E-mail to Saban, Tigers
    09/18/02

BATON ROUGE -- Miami (Ohio) star quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, named Freshman All-America last season, sent an e-mail to LSU head football coach Nick Saban after returning to Oxford, Ohio, commending him for not only his team's skill on the field but its class and sportsmanship after the game. Roethlisberger allowed LSU to post this e-mail here on LSUsports.net.

"Coach Saban,

This is Ben Roethlisberger, the quarterback at Miami. I hope you get to read this ... I wanted to first and foremost congratulate you and the team on the game on Saturday. You guys are the best team that I have ever played against and I think you guys will go a long way this year ... Your defense was very confusing and had us on the run all game. But that is not the main reason that I am writing you this e-mail, I really was impressed with your team after the game. They had the most class out of any team that I have ever played against in high school or college and I commend you for that. Many of the players, including your big name players, came up to me after the game and congratulated me and told us good luck and have a safe trip home. I just want to commend you and your team for all of the class you have ... best of luck and win the SEC.

Ben Roethlisberger

Quarterback

Miami (Ohio) University"

LINK

2. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

I remember that BB and I also have been a huge fan of the guy since then. He's a class act and deserves all the success that he is having.

3. lmb20988

lmb20988 Founding Member

Every draft my brother and I pick a QB, RB, and WR in the draft. Last year at QB i picked Roethlisberger and he picked Philip Rivers. Looks like I will be winning this one.

4. SanAntonioTiger

SanAntonioTiger Founding Member

Big Ben

As some of you know, my wife is represented by Leigh Steinberg, who is also Roethlisberger's agent.

The guy is a serious class act. Very professional, very polite, and most importantly very competitive.

If you are looking for a person to pull for in the NFL. Ben is the one.

Not many people know this, but he didn't start playing football until age 15-16.

Think about that!

5. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

When I was watching the draft I kept saying that this kid was a steal to be hanging around.

6. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

He also didn't ever play QB until his senior year in high school. Up to then he had been a WR.

7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

SAT, thanks for the up close words on Ben. I too remember that post on LSUsports.net and I also remember Saban praising him after the game. Seems as though their's was a mutual respect.

8. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

i live in Findlay, oh, home of big ben rothlisburger. my nieghbor went to the same HS with him and was his back up his senior year. He came over one year and played catch with him and his throw was so good, it was unbelievable. I wish i could have got pick or something. If only i had known that the future MVP rookie was right across the street.
    DYK: Ben's coach at Findlay High, actually put ben as his back up in order for the coaches son to play QB, needless to say that year they didn't do so hot.

9. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

yea no doubt big Ben is a great kid, i live in toledo, which is right by Findlay, the locals love him and i can see why, i know he will go far in the NFL with the attitude he has and the class he has.