Best College Football Gameday Experiences

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mesquite tiger, Sep 22, 2004.

1. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

2. JGrayhound

JGrayhound Freshman

Agreed.

I have been to Tennessee several times...as well as LSU.

I think LSU is a better experience.

I think UF's gameday is better than UT's as well. Not sure what ESPN is ranking so high.

3. TheDrunkenTiger

TheDrunkenTiger Founding Member

I really dont know what makes Tennessee's tailgating and game expierience rated so high either. It is a pretty cool stadium Ill give them that much, but it just is not nearly as electric as say Florida or LSU.

4. LSUfan

LSUfan Founding Member

You guys are right, but I bet SI is taking into account the size of the stadium (the usual high attendance) and the other factors like the boat launch and stuff. Of course I'm biased towards LSU, so I don't understand how Tenn gets on the top of this list . . . but ESPN/SI/etc love Tenn's stadium and the atmosphere.

5. BigMamou

BigMamou Founding Member

5 of the 10 from the SEC. And they wonder why we love our football down south.

6. BengalBelle9119

BengalBelle9119 Founding Member

I just don't get this?????? I know what cargo pockets are, but how does roulette fit into the equation? Is it because I'm female and this is a guy tradition?

I bet the answer is simple and I'll be slapping my forehead and have to go hide in shame.

7. Berge

Berge Founding Member

No mention of our 4-note fanfare.....

8. col reb

col reb Founding Member

I think a lot of the MYSTIC is that many RICH people come by boat (excuse me-ship) (excuse me--water) or whatever. Maybe we should have an off campus stadium down around Grand Isle. Look at all the boats that could come there!!!!!! Shrimp boats, off shore boats, helicopters, pe-rows (ok--I spelled it wrong) Then let those dummies --Herb on the street---cor-whor etc try to interpret that language. Party with those dudes and they would be too drunk to announce ND next week end

9. Thorny

Thorny Founding Member

Their key to this is the "Vol Navy, but just how many people come by boat anyway? It can't be more than 1000, which is 1% of their attendance.

I would much rather talk of the traditions that involve the vast majority of fans like our Pregame stadium salute. There is nothing like being in Tiger Band the first time you play pregame.

GEAUX TIGERS