Best Draft Talent Still On Team?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerBait3, Apr 30, 2006.

1. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

What players do yall think will be top 1 or 2 round picks in the future that are still on our team. The first few that come to mind are:

1. Russell - Big arm. Is a winner. NFL has to love his size, potential.
    2. Perrilloux - Freakish athlete. Big arm, can run well.
    3. Dorsey - Good size and motor.
    4. Landry - Started as Fresh. under Saban. Big hitter. Decent speed

Maybe Bowe, Al Woods.

Obviosuly, I am basing a lot on hype/potential of players. I think we have some OL that could make their way to being good draft picks. Also, lots of players with good NFL size that could have breakout years; C. Pittman, C. Jackson.

2. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

Russell is biggest NFL talent by far on our team. If Broussard returns to form he could be a high pick. Landry will be one of the top DB's in the draft next year. Bowe needs a good year and he could be a first rounder, Doucet will be drafted, many others will be in the league.

Potential for a lot of these guys to be first day selections, just gotta put together a good year.

3. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Broussard, depending on his rehab, could be a round 1 pick. I think it's more likely that we'll see him go in the second or third round though.

I expect Bowe to be a late first round, early second, WR after a strong senior campaign. If he & Russell have the kind of season I'm hoping for, they could both be first rounders next year.

I think Russell will have a good year and roll out to the draft after next year, where he'd probably be the first QB taken outside of the first round. He could be a first rounder, depending on how good of a year he has because scouts are going to love his physical specs.

Landry will be a round 1 or 2 pick, easily.

Al Woods isn't even campus & the most we've seen of Perrilloux was an hour long scrimmage so it's wayy to early to be listing them here, although they both have the potential.

4. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Talking about potential though, LaFell could end up being one hell of a prolific WR.

Glenn Dorsey could be a high draft pick.

5. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

Russell still has a lot to prove before I would say that the NFL wants him in an early round. Nevertheless, Booty went in the 4th round to the Seahawks (was released shortly thereafter), despite how poor of a QB I think he was. I still ponder that one.

If Broussard has a year that even comes close to the one he had year before last, he's a first rounder easily. Addai couldn't even win the starting position outright, he wasn't able to rush for 1000 yards, and he had injuries, BUT he still was picked in the first round (gotta love the guy!) - Alley has it made. Joe was good, but Alley was awesome that year.

Earlier this year, Landry was possibly declaring for the draft but opted to stay. Even then, the sports gurus had him going late in the first round. (I think his brother was drafted by Baltimore this weekend out of GT.) He's a ball-hawking safety that is in on just about every play. Good in run support and in the pass.

If Craig Davis and Early Doucet can actually hang onto the ball this year (and Russell improves), they'll go pretty high, but they have to make a name for themselves now.

If Vincent can keep his head in the game and get back to his freshman form, he'll go in the first day, especially if he makes an impact now that Addai is gone.

Both Pittmans, Willis, Dorsey, Bowe, Zinger, are all decent to good players, and if they do well this season (which I hope they do :) ) we'll see a lot of these guys playing on Sundays in the future.

6. TXTigahFan

TXTigahFan Founding Member

Keiper just had his top 10 seniors for next year on ESPN. Landry was #7.

7. CParso

CParso Founding Member

If he wasn't injured, he would have been an early round pick this year.

Joe was going to be the starter. Alley isn't necessarily a first round talent - he's still got some things to prove after he comes back from injury.

Davis didn't have problems hanging onto the ball, but he lacks ideal physical qualities. With a solid year, he's a third round guy. Doucet really needs to work on his hands. He's got 2 more years so we'll see, but he's got a lot of work cut out for him before he'll be a first/second round pick.

Hopes & dreams. Won't happen.

8. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

I think unless he has a significant injury, Russell will come out after this year even if he has a suppar year. Look at Cutler and the hype that surrounded him after the senior bowl and the combine. Before that he didn't get much hype at all.

Russell will have that type of hype next year after they lay the tape measure to him and those scouts all get to see him throw the football 75 yards on a rope off his back foot.

9. mike5705

mike5705 Founding Member

Dont forget about Ali Highsmith, he has a ton of upside and will definitely be a first day pick.

10. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Highsmith is a good one.

I think Ryan Miller will be a very good Center, but you don't see many centers come off the board that early so he'd have to be amazing to go that high.

Chase Pittman has the talent, but may have character issues. If he stays healthy & out of trouble this year, I think he'll go on the first day next draft.