Welcome to TigerFan.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the LSU community.

Best gay (male) music artist?

Discussion in 'The RoundTable' started by lsu99, Feb 18, 2014.

1. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

The NFL gay player discussions recently made me wonder who the best gay male music artist is these days. My criteria although use your own if needed:

1. Currently making good music that is either popular or well respected (i.e. not lifetime like Elton John).
    2. "Music artist" - can be current pop sound that is sometimes overly produced.
    3. Either has come out as gay or widely considered to be
    4. Former boy band guys like the one that came out a few years ago do not count (i.e. music not good).

IMO, any music genre from hip hop to country still has elements of homophobia. I don't keep up with the music scene well enough to know if guys like Bruno Mars or Pharrell are gay or just metro.

Could some artists not want to "come out" like NFL players or is their industry so liberal that it doesn't matter?
  2. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Veteran Member

3. shane0911

shane0911 Veteran Member

@lsu99 pretty sure Pharell ain't no pillow biter. Don't know a bunch bout Bruno mars but doubt he is either. Like both of their sounds though.

My vote is for Pat Monahan, lead singer for Train. Don't give me that "but he is married" crap either. Love the music but if you have ever been to one of their concerts you know that is one fruity mofo.
  4. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

All time I would go with Farrokh "Freddie Mercury" Bulsara.

For a current artist, well... I can't name any current artist I really enjoy that is openly gay.
  5. uscvball

uscvball Veteran Member

No question.

:eek:
  6. uscvball

uscvball Veteran Member

7. shane0911

shane0911 Veteran Member

@uscvball Com ' on man. Rob Halford hasn't made a decent song since the 80's. That is for sure 1 gay bastard but clearly a dq.

I'm following my first vote with Anthony Kiedas and Flea.
  8. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I almost mentioned that Freddie Mercury was one of the few gay musicians that seemed to be universally respected. Even though Elton John is obviously talented, you don't see many straight males saying how much they like his music.

Just a wild guess that there are some hip hop, country, or rock (pop) artists that are hesistant to come out.
  9. uscvball

uscvball Veteran Member

I know he's old as dirt....dq is fine.

As for AK and Flea....meh, I don't think so. They are probably drunk bi but both are well known whore chasers.

I think Hunter Hayes is due to announce any day.
    StaceyO likes this.
  10. uscvball

uscvball Veteran Member