Welcome to TigerFan.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the LSU community.

Best gay (male) music artist?

Discussion in 'The RoundTable' started by lsu99, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal

Bonnie Rait, Melissa Etheridge are 2 big ones that come to mind (although I can't say that I, personally, listen to either).

George Michael has some good tunes.

I don't know what you'd classify Michael Jackson as....but he is one of my favorites of all-time.

Not sure if Maynard James Keenan is gay (some of his lyrics certainly allude to it), but he is one of my all-time favorites, too.
  2. shane0911

shane0911 Veteran Member

To quote Andrew "Dice" Clay, you either suck dick or you do not suck dick. I'm sure they bang more than their share of clm but yeah, they know what a stiffie taste like.
    fanatic likes this.
  3. shane0911

shane0911 Veteran Member

Can't you people read. Let's keep it current.

I have thought the same about Maynard but I know his body guard from back in the day and from the stories he has told me I'd say he is straight.
  4. Cajun Sensation

Well, I don't listen to anybody that's THAT current, sans maybe a few musicians....but they aren't gay so I guess I can't participate in this thread.
  5. shane0911

shane0911 Veteran Member

Bro, you a mod youze can do what you want. ;)

And I don't think Bonnie Rait is either bit who knows. I got not a damn thing against anyone that eats at the Y
    HalloweenRun likes this.
  6. red55

red55 curmudgeon

I don't think Bonnie Rait is gay. She's been married and has never said that she is gay.

If they don't wear a sign, how are we supposed to know? Why are we supposed to care?
    LSUsupaFan likes this.
  7. Cajun Sensation

I'm obviously not very good at this.

At any rate, the gayest person that I enjoy is definitely @shane0911
    KyleK and islstl like this.
  8. shane0911

shane0911 Veteran Member

That sonofabitch
    KyleK and islstl like this.
  9. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos I'm self-smart

I don't know much about him, either, but anyone that loves themselves as much as he does clearly has some interest in their own gender. His music is also extremely meh. In the little bit that I've heard, it always sounds like he's just imitating a bunch of great musicians who came before him.
  10. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

For me personally, the thought popped into my head due to all of the talk about sports (and football specifically) still being behind the times because athletes have to answer the question and come out (but hardly anyone has). The entertainment industry is thought to be more "with the times" and liberal but I wasn't sure if that was the case.

Everyone claims that George Clooney and many other actors are gay. If George Clooney came out (for example), I may not be able to ignore that aspect when watching one of his movies. So, I have no problem with him hiding that part of his life if that's his choice. I don't care as much about the individuals personally but more about where we are in our evolution of discussing this topic (as it relates to music industry).