Best hard Rock/metal albums of all time

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LaSalleAve, Nov 30, 2017.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

When you think of the Wall what do you think of? Floyd is my favorite band of all time.

shane0911 likes this.
  2. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Dunno honestly. You can listen to the wall 25 times and come away with 26 different sensations. It adapts to different situations depending on what you are going through. It is a concept that spans from child to adulthood. So many elements create the end and even the ending has multiple take aways.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I wouldn't have wanted to miss the greatest era of rock 'n roll but if I could have frozen my age at 25 I would do it. I could tell you some stories if only I could remember them.

4. LaSalleAve

The first thing I think of is World War 2. I saw Roger do the whole Wall a few years ago and it was so war heavy and not really the rock star aspect of the concept that it biased me. But yeah it's definitely a concept album and it's a work of genius. I love Pink Floyd, but I have some disdain for Roger and Dave because of their egos, but god damn, Roger was a visionary when it came to writing songs, Dave was one of the best Guitarists ever, and Rick Wright, fuck imagine all the women in his life he fingered, I bet they came instantly, just a god on the ivories. It's one of those things, what if Sid never goes nuts? Is it the same? They sounded more like the Beatles with Sid to me.

5. LaSalleAve

My dad once told me he ate enough acid to float a bath tub. I have no fucking clue what that means but I imagine it takes a quite a bit of liquid to make a porcelain tub float, if that's what that means.

Bengal B likes this.
  6. CajunlostinCali

I saw floyd 6 times. Saw the wall and 5 times after. Seeing the wall was seeing the concept. Every other tour was full blown floyd.

Don't miss a floyd show. Dumpster baby rules

7. LaSalleAve

Damn you must be older than me too, or maybe not, living in Cali gets you access to way more live shows than anywhere here or even close. You ever see them with the 4 members, not Syd?

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I did it a few times but back then the stuff was just too good. And too weird.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I have a question for you New Orleans TFers or anybody else who might know. This seemed like as good a thread as any to post it. I just talked to a friend who said he would buy my ticket to Dead & Company next Tuesday if I would drive. They are playing at the Smoothie King Center. I've never been to SKC and it's been a few years since I've been to any event in the Dome. Where is the best place to park as close as possible? @stevescookin you probably know.

10. CajunlostinCali

I'm just 51. Saw a lot when I was younger than the rest of the crowd. My cousins took me to everything. I was like the mascot. Majority of everything I saw was along the i-10. 4 of them floyd shows was overseas though.

Saw some really killer shows overseas. Awesome stories. A GI overseas seeing US bands gets you a lot of privileges. Partied with over a dozen bands. Got drunk with dimebag. Found drugs for Layne Stanley. Blackie Lawless is like 6'5 and a giant teddy bear. Lars is a mega dick. Slash will give you his bottle. Ted Nugent signed a dollar bill. Good times

No Syd. The others toured the wall before Waters split

shane0911 and Bengal B like this.