Best source of news & predictions??

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MarcusQuinn, Jul 21, 2005.

1. MarcusQuinn

MarcusQuinn Founding Member

CFB News? Phil Steele? (notice both pick LSU in the Rose)

I love CFB news, but they have some inconsistancies (sp?) in their SEC review.

I have come to expect errors like this from Athlon, Lindsey's and the other chopped up, bogus mags, but now CFB News is doing it. Kyle Williams is first team All-SEC, but is not among the top 30 players in the league. Who is there? Players on the second team. Infuriates me. Not to mention the reference to Kyle Wroten.

2. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

I have the athlon book that I use. I also have Phil Steeles preview as well.

3. TigerinAustin

TigerinAustin Founding Member

4. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

Ramah, if you're out there, PLEASE COME BACK!

Don't worry about the slurpee machine you owe me, it's in the past. I wrote it off, no biggie. Just take care of her and keep selling those panama jack sunglasses......

I can't be the only one that enjoyed reading his posts. I rarely agreed with any of his takes, but his smack was second to none.......

Keep the chili hot, we can't have upset customers......

5. clair

clair Rockets

It was obviously way past my time Craw-daddy, but who is this Ramah guy? I hear him being talked about OFTEN here.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

The mysterious Ramah is now becoming legendary.

Ramah is a football guy. He's big, rich and bad. He' somewhere in the middle east and posts during game week. He speaks to the glory of LSU football and woe to the rival fan who dares to come on here and question his wisdom. He chews them up and spits them out with a sneering "YOU'RE DISMISSED!! Unfortunately, his faith and confidence in the Fightin' Tigers was Saban- rooted and Nick's departure was a pin prick to his big bag of air.

He'll be back, though. I can sense his bravado being pumped up as pre-season talk of Rose Bowls and undefeated seasons fills the cyber airways.

7. bubbafong

bubbafong Founding Member

Ramah was a really obnoxious poster that liked to call other LSU fans any of a number of names for disagreeing with any BS comment he made, and there were plenty. He claimed to be a bazillionaire living in Saudi Arabia and a former LSU player, but his posts were usually more along the lines of a 16 year old wimp living out a tough guy fantasy via this forum. He got his panties in a wad when LSU hired Les Miles and swore he wouldn't be back until Miles was gone. I for one have enjoyed this forum WAY more post-ramah and am therefore hoping he keeps to his word, although he's probably already here under a new name (although I haven't noticed anyone nearly as obnoxious as he). Not to say that I didn't enjoy going at it a few times with him, but it's just really nice not to have to put up with that crap all the time.

If you want to get an idea of what ramah was like, just check out this thread. Notice how ridiculous his prediction is, and how he reacts when anyone (mainly yours truly) questions how realistic it is.

http://www.tigerforums.com/showthread.php?t=18172&page=1&pp=15

Nope. Don't miss him one bit.

8. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Ramah still owes me one of those $100,000 glass marilin statues.

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I'll take that as a compliment. :D

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The outspoken Ramah and TE got crossways with Brett way too frequently and both received temporary bannings more than once. TE took it in stride (he knows he is difficult), but Ramah seems to have taken it personally (he never understood that he was difficult).

TE has been re-admitted to The Lair, I hear, and doesn't post here as often anymore. Ramah took his dolly's and went home, apparently. Probably neither will be able to resist the start of football season.