Best Wishes

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bayoutider, Nov 17, 2002.

1. bayoutider

bayoutider Founding Member

Here's wishing the Bayou Benglas success against Old Myth and the Hawgs. As for the Tide, we will be Tiger hunting again next week in Allbarn.

I have to admit I was a bit suprised at the outcome of the game. I also would have to ask the poster that said Coach Fran was classless and running up the score what were we supposed to do start taking a knee with over 4 minutes left in the game? It is your defenses job to stop us.

The Bengals are better than Old Miss. Hopefully you will bounce back and take your frustrations out on them. I enjoyed meeting some of you and hope you won't mind me continuing to drop in.

Geaux Tigers, beat Old Miss.

2. TIDE-HSV

TIDE-HSV Founding Member

I'm a bit puzzled by those remarks, also...

A lot of weird things can happen with that much time left in a game - a fumble or two with an onside kick... Three TDs plus a field goal ain't what it used to be. It's not like he came out slinging it - he passed just enough to keep nine out of the box. If he hadn't, we'd have been going three and out every time. I'd say Fran had more respect for your talent than the LSU fans.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

It' loke my Daddy used to say:

Take your whuppin like a man, boy.

4. bayoutider

Good man SabanFan, see you in Tuscaloosa next year.

5. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

bayoutider, those same "fans" were defending Saban & Co. for continuing to run Mauck in the Florida game despite being up big. You're right -- it is our defense's job to stop you, especially when you just continue to run the ball. Congrats on a great game played, and good luck against Auburn. And, don't leave for 12 months until the next LSU-UA game; pop in every now and then.

6. SabanFan

For the record

Coach Saban gave his reasons (on his radio show last week) for playing Mauck so late in the Florida game. They were sound ones and designed to help LSU get better. The had absaolutely nothing to do with running up the score or other such nonsense.

7. bayoutider

Thanks I will and I won't spend the next two weeks on the smack board reminding you of the score like some others.

Old Miss is going to be a good game for the Tigers to get back on track with. Eli Manning isn't all he had hoped to be. The Rebs are despirate at this point and even though I know this is a big rivalry between the two teams, I think LSU is by far the better team. I wonder about last nights game if the opening kickoff hadn't been called back. LSU came out fired up. It was those opening misfires that took you out of your game. Old Miss does not have the kind of offense that can keep your defense on the field all day. I say LSU will kill the Rebs. Start watching in the next few weeks for posts saying Coach Saban or Coach Fran to Old Miss.

Geaux Tigers

8. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

SabanFan, I think you took my statement the wrong way. I agree with the decision to keep Mauck in the UF game. I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of some fans defending Saban against accusations of "running up the score" yet make those same accusations against Fanchione.

9. SabanFan

No no, I wasn't implying that you were critical of the decision. I just threw it out there for what it was worth because there have been some who snidely point to Mauck's injury as a by product of a classless act.