Better to be in the West?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by cajdav1, Apr 26, 2005.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I'd say so right now. But of course that could change in a season.

2. Chip82

Chip82 Founding Member

I think Richt is kind of amazed at how Georgia is being overlooked.
    Richt knows that he is loaded with talent on both sides of the ball.

And after personally watching the Spring Game, I don't know of any defense in the SEC East that is going to be able to stop the Georgia running game this year.

A fully mature OL, 4 superior running backs, and a faster QB.
    Reggie Brown and Fred Gibson are replaced by A.J. Bryant and Kenneth Harris so there is no drop in WR talent as well.

Shockley only needs to pass at 54% or better. He is now at 50.5% for his career with 10 TDs.

But, better to be overlooked than over hyped.

I still think that LSU and UGA are the best teams in the SEC this year, so a first meeting in Atlanta would be my call.

3. Chip82

Chip82 Founding Member

The Gators are coming to Baton Rouge as well.

I hope LSU! pulls off a total rout.

4. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

first?:confused:

5. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Amen to both grounds.

I am going to pull any hair I have left out if I read another article about Meyers freakin practice habits.

6. Chip82

Chip82 Founding Member

LSU and UGA are not scheduled to play each other during the regular 2005 season.

Therefore, UGA and LSU would meet for the first time in the Georgia Dome.

UGA plays Miss State, Arkansas and Auburn during the regular season from the West. (UGA has a better schedule than Florida or UT)

LSU plays Florida, Tennessee and Vandy from the East.

7. TigrinumMajor

TigrinumMajor Founding Member

The East tougher than the West? That is a joke.

The East has two teams that have sucked perpetually. The West has sent every team but Ole Miss to Atlanta at one time or another.

UGA, Florida and UT are media darlings, while LSU and Auburn have to scrap for every bit of national respect we can. Bama is the ultimate media darling, but their time has passed.

South Carolina is happy with an 8-4 season and a bowl trip. Auburn is plotting to fire the coach.

The East plays offense, the West plays defense. Defense wins.

More media bs to keep us stirred during the offseason. Only 130 days til kickoff!

8. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

not to get all SabanFan grammer nazi on you, it just sounded like you were unaware (although i don't know how that could be possible) that LSU and UGA have met in the georgia dome before...so they would be meeting for the first time this year in " ".

9. CParso

CParso Founding Member

There's some truth to that. SEC West is probably stronger in the middle/bottom & perhaps as a whole, but SEC East is perhaps more top heavy.

SEC West only has two perrenial powers - Auburn & LSU. If any other team makes it to the SECCG from the West it's generally because both of these teams were down IMO. But there is usually a team strong enough to fight for that spot and it could be any of the rest of the West on any given year. On the other hand, SEC East has 3 powerhouses- Florida, Tennessee & Georgia. Any given year, nobody would be suprised to see either of these 3 there. However you will never see one of the other 3 (Spurrier could change that, but as of now...)

10. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Whether MSU has been to the SEC Title game or not....they and OM do indeed suck....