Big 10 (11) Commissioner takes shot at SEC

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Skrayper, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Skrayper

Skrayper Founding Member

2. BamaBengalTiger

BamaBengalTiger Geaux Tigers !!!!!

I didn't take it as taking a shot at the SEC. Looks more like he was defending the Big 10 from the talking heads, and knowing that the SEC is the best conference, he just wanted to show a comparison.

3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I agree and it's nice to be the "Measuring stick". :thumb:

4. khounba

khounba Founding Member

I can see your point. But I can also see how this would come accross as a shot to some poeple.

5. TigerInTally

TigerInTally Founding Member

Discipline and restraint? :lol:

How much money was the Michigan basketball team payed? I remember it being some outrageous amount. Didn't Penn St. have issues with Lavar Arrington not being able to say no when offerd cash and free stuff? And we don't really have to mention the slimy aura around Ohio State and their issues. Heck, even their Heisman winner had to pay back money he took from a booster.

I suppose we really only need to worry about discipline and restraint when recruiting players to the schools, they can cheat as much as they want once they are enrolled.

1 person likes this.
  6. Carface

Carface What the...?

I hope that wasn't a generalization to all NCAA schools.

*cough* Tack *cough*

1 person likes this.
  7. DRC

DRC TigerNator

The results from this years matchup in bowls is misleading. Arkansas is a team in turmoil and played dreadful against Wisky. Tenn and Penn State probably had one of the worst played bowl games in decades. It was painful to watch. Not a good comparison or way to judge the conferences.

8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

True and generally speaking they always are. When a conference pulls out the two best teams to play in a BCS Bowl, the pairings get skewed somewhat.

9. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

I found the comparison to be very favorable. Both conferences have a lot to be proud of. The big recruiting advantage for the SEC is that its schools do not HAVE to have a national recruiting program. Any team that can successfully recruit in the South will have a very successful program. Of course it is nice to be able to pull top athletes from other sections of the country, but the South produces more quality players than any other region of the country. All a SEC team has to do is recruit well regionally.

10. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

Enough with the excuses, the better team won each game. I'm a big SEC fan but i hate it when people make excuses. Arkanasas played well enough to win, but they have no pass game and couldn't get it done with great field position many times in the 4th quarter. Tenn had a chance to win and didn't. UF's win however more than makes up for that. Geaux SEC!
    And by the way the Big 10's top 2 teams got blown out in their respective BCS games. That should say enough.