Welcome to TigerFan.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the LSU community.

Bitcoin

Discussion in 'The RoundTable' started by LSUpride123, Feb 5, 2014.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 Boobies make everything A OK!!!

Anyone know anything about this or actually invest in it? Seems silly to me, but people have made some money with it.
  2. uscvball

uscvball Veteran Member

3. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal

I think it probably peaked.
  4. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I'm not messing with it. No idea if it will be successful long term but I don't have the time or energy to figure it out either.
  5. fanatic

fanatic Buckle your seatbelts...

Thought I read somewhere that China invested heavily in it.
  6. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I sold a guy an action figure collection for some bitcoins. A few days later the value spiked and I transferred them for real money.

At first I didn't want to fuck around with monopoly money, but the dude offered to give me 125% of my asking price if I set up a wallet and accepted bitcoins. It was a great deal for me. The exchange rate had a massive move a few days after the sale.
    uscvball likes this.
  7. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal

Also, see dogecoin
  8. red55

red55 curmudgeon

The more I read, the less I like about it. It needs more of a track record to really assess it.
  9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 Boobies make everything A OK!!!

It seems like a cult with people who are against government. Not sure what to really make of it. They promote this idea of being decentralized, but fail to realize that if governments accept it, it will be regulated and taxed making it no different than a dollar.
  10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I don't know a lot about bitcoin but if I understand correctly you can generate bitcoins by using some kind of software to solve complex equations. I have quite a few old computers. Can anyone tell me how long it would take to generate a respectable income if I set up say 5 computers doing nothing but generation bitcoin 24/7? What if I could put 15 computers to the task?