Black "Leadership"

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by saltyone, Apr 10, 2008.

1. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

This is one sick S.O.B.....

The Associated Press generally does not identify the victims of sexual abuse. The daughter is one of at least 14 children Bevel has with several different women, according to her testimony on Monday.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24053322/

2. LSUNYC2007

LSUNYC2007 Founding Member

AND YOUR POINT IS ? :insane:

3. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Let me clarify my position on this post, I have a problem with the title of the thread and the pointing out of only a black person in a positon of leadership. I dont have a problem with the article itself, because that is sick and he should do as much time as he can.

how biased is this thread, who said this guy was a leader of anything.
    What about Senator Craig, Mark Foely, Pastor Haggard in Colorado

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/11/03/haggard.allegations/index.html (Pastor Haggard)
    Senator Craig
    http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/09/01/craig.arrest/index.html
    Mark Foley
    Explicit Online Notes Sent to Boy, 16
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/09/29/AR2006092901574.html

Elliot Spitzer
    http://topics.nytimes.com/top/refer...e/s/eliot_l_spitzer/index.html?inline=nyt-per
    Eliot Spitzer took office as New York's governor on the first day of 2007, with a record margin of victory and a profound sense of promise. He resigned on March 12, 2008, in a scandal over his involvement in a sex ring, bringing an abrupt close to a tenure marked by an almost unbroken string of stumbles and frustrations.

which all of these activities are illegal, all of these people held a publicly elected office. So whats your point.

If you are going to try to be racist at least do it somewhere else and be fair about it.

Thanks
    Management

2 people like this.
  4. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Why does any negative comment about a black man/woman immediately equate with racism? Do you really think salty was trying to be racist.?

I don't think this guy is the standard of black leadership, which I suppose the thread title implies, but he certainly was a prominent part of the civil rights movement. Elected or not, that makes him fairly prominent, and as to the other scandalous behavior you listed, while bad, I would certainly put incest as higher on the totem pole. Disgusting behavior is just that, disgusting behavior.

Perhaps the thread title should be altered because I think it is misleading but it's equally disturbing to me how much I am seeing the term "racist" flung in this forum these days.

I wish we could discuss race issues, perhaps even disagree, and not have that hurled about. It doesn't seem productive to me.

5. LSUMASTERMIND

I still have a problem with the title of the thread, there was another story of incest recently in the news, which was a white guy, I dont see it up on this board. I believe this to be racist and its nothing anyone can say to me on this board to think other wise, im usually open-minded and open to other points of views, but on this one I will stand strong of my opinion of this thread.
    And no one has to agree with me, but I still believe it to be somewhat racist and biased. If we are going to have a morality discussion about crime then lets have one. However, soliciting underage boys as a member of congress can go right up there with incest, thats pedophilia, now try to rank that over incest.
    If you dont think I am open-minded see the Rev Wright thread and how much i bashed his comments. But I wont sit back and stand for this kind of bias.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I've got to stand by Mastermind on this one. I'm not labeling anyone but the thread title implied that there is a problem with black leadership when, in fact, the only problem is with the particular individual who was arrested here.

1 person likes this.
  7. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Didn't I suggest the same thing about the thread title?
    If there was a story about a white guy in the news involved in incest, then maybe you should post it. Was he involved in government or some civil rights movement? I have not seen this story you quoted, and certainly it may be relevant. Somebody else not listing it does not make them racist. Maybe they just didn't see the story. I didn't.
    I kind of gathered that this was tied in to being a civil leader and all. And on that premise I think your examples of white leaders breaking the law was on topic. If Salty's intent was racist, it went right over my head.

1 person likes this.
  8. LSUMASTERMIND

Maybe, I did go to far in calling the thread racist, but it is overly biased, which got me stirred up.

9. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

The title of this thread is just wrong, especially when linked to the content of the thread. It implies black leadership = deviance. Nothing else can be taken seriously after that and it is really hard to see how you could not get "the issue."

2 people like this.
  10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Boy, it's a good thing that white leadership has never committed incest in all of recorded history. :rolleye33:

1 person likes this.