Boomers still sour over Sugar spanking

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by diamondheadtiger, Mar 24, 2004.

1. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

OU won a national title in 2000...and before that...It had been no less than 10 years before they SNIFFED the national title picture...

They are collegiate football's version of the Noveau Riche...Johnny come latelys who think that because they had some success when they were hiring coke dealer jitterbug quarterbacks and playing fast and loose with NCAA rules they've got some type of tradition or ability to look down their noses...

I got news for them....2000's national title is PRETTY fricking dusty, and as they said, One in a row isn't a streak...so what does that say about their attitude? It's been 4 years, and they ride those Texas wins and that one NC a full half decade after the fact?

Gimme a break...

2. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

A friend of mine who is a BIG ZeroU fan called me last night and told me about the great time he and his family had in NO last week, going down for some cheerleading camp. Said they can't wait to go back. Loved every minute of it and thought NO was one of the neatest places they had ever been. But they didn't go down for the Sugar Bowl and I had to call him to talk about it. Like most others, he said the same lame excuses but did give LSU credit for a good game, although grudgingly. But I won't hold that against him.
    And thanks for the clarification,SF.

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

90% of the posters on the OU Insiders' board say over and over again that the best team won the Sugar Bowl, so I really don't much of a problem with them when it comes to that. However, they're lame talk of the Tiger Fans and New Orleans is where they're whining comes in to play way to much. Sisssiiieeesss!!!

4. ChineseBandit

ChineseBandit Founding Member

I've watched the game several times now. I still enjoy it but boy LSU could have won that game by a BIG margin.

OU shouldn't feel too bad. They have one of the best football teams that the state of Texas can put on the field.

5. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

:D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D
    :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin:
    :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin:

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

in the spirit of the sooners?

7. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

That must be the Trophy mobile