BR Radio is just bad

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by purplejoe, Aug 3, 2009.

1. purplejoe

purplejoe Founding Member

There is no one in this town that deserves to be on the radio. I just don't understand it. We live in a pretty big city but our sports talk is a waste. There is not one person on 1210 that I would listen to if there were another sports choice. None of the shows have good guests and none of the shows provide any info. It sounds like a bunch of people who talk to hear themselves talk. It frustrates me because I feel we are being **** on. Buddy Songy spends every summer day begging for callers because no one wants to talk with him. Then he talks like callers owe it to him to call. If he would actually present something thought provoking he me get a call or two.

2. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

At this point I'd rather drill a hole in my head than listen to Richard Condon try to talk intelligently about sports, especially baseball. I thought his schtick was funny when I was a teenager, and even got to meet him once. Now that I'm 29 and he's been fired from just as many stations, not so much.

3. purplejoe

He's pretty rough...There is no show worth listening to in Baton Rouge. I'm an older man so I don't get the younger stuff that the show before Condon talks about. Buddy bores me because he is clueless and a pervert.

4. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

Jimmy Ott is the best in br but he's stuck in a chitty timeslot, 9-12. Wish he could get his old 3-6 slot back. Buddy and Jordy are ok. All these guys except Richard, Matt and Josh buy their time from the station. At times these shows sound like a 3 hour commercial for rivercity air and olinde's....

5. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

agree on condon i used to really like his schtick back in the day but now the act has worn thin for a few years now.

i like matt moscona and can somewhat tolerate ott and songy but not enough to listen to them anymore.

i got xm about a year ago and never listen to BR radio now.

2 people like this.
  6. purplejoe

I need to get a satellite radio but that stuff is so far over my head that I'll never figure it out. I'm stuck in 15 years ago. I don't care for Ott or Songy. Condon has gone way down. I used to enjoy him but now it seems like it's nothing but old, angry men calling him. The show before Condon is beyond bad.

7. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

To be honest, the Walk-On's post-game show for football could use a bit of improvement as well. The hosts do a pretty good job overall and they do good game analysis, but when they get a bunch of idiot callers they tend to let their frustration show through on the air.

They have got to do a better job of screening the callers, too, especially after a loss. For every caller who makes a good point, there are 3 hammered morons who wanna talk about how much Lee sucked tonight, or when are they gonna put Perrilloux in the game, or Miles is an idiot for getting rid of Perrilloux and should be fired, etc. etc. You can take it to the bank that we're gonna have a loss that people will pin on Jefferson, and that person's gonna call wanting to know when they're gonna put Shepard in the game. :dis:

8. purplejoe

Radio callers are the lowest of the low. They generally have nothing good to say and Baton Rouge hosts do nothing to curtail them. In fact, they seem to embrace idiot callers. Mostly Buddy and Jimmy

9. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

It's nowhere near as bad as some of you make it out to be. Reminds me of people who get down on thir home towm and say there's nothing to do. Then someone visits from out of town and has a great time and loves the place. We have it much better than most of you think. An entire day of local programming beats out any national hacks any day. Especially during football season.

10. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Ott is the most knowledgable by a wide margin. But still, you have to endure his half-hour long plugs for wherever he's broadcasting from, plus all the sponsors who call in, and then all of his buddies that call just to goof off. Between those three things, he manages to squeeze in a little sports talk. But I decided long ago that it just wasn't worth it anymore.

It might help if he didn't always spend so much time being remedial with the bonehead callers. I really wish he'd shorten his leash a bit and make quick work of them. Might make people think a little bit before they call. Oh well, I won't be there to observe it if things ever do change.