Bracketology 2/16

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Jetstorm, Feb 16, 2004.

1. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

Joe Lunardi is one of the few bigtime college basketball analysts giving the Tigers any respect. He has LSU as one of the five most under-rated teams in Division 1 and has us currently projected as a four seed in the East Region (playing at Denver? WTF?) against #13 Virginia Commonwealth, who currently leads the CAA (Colonial Athletic Ass'n.) Yes, we are in a region with undefeated St. Joseph's, but I have seen St. Joes play and they do not intimidate me. They are beatable. If I could choose the Number 1 seed we had to be in a region with, I'd go with Stanford. Maybe Mississippi State. We'll find out soon enough whether we have what it takes to beat the Dawgs.

Good quote: "How is it possible that LSU did not get a single vote in last week's coach's poll? Reason No. 813 why college basketball polls are ridiculous."

2. DJBurke

DJBurke Founding Member

I didn't realize how good of a season SLU is having. It is nice to have some other good local teams.

3. Jwho77

Jwho77 Founding Member

Indeed, local teams are doing very well. For example, I think SLU or another LA school will get that Southland title. Also, ULL and UNO are the top 2 teams in the Sun Belt with a great chance to face off for the league title. Southern is a threat in the wide-open SWAC. Even Centenary, who only lost to LSU by 3 points, is a legitimate contender for the Horizon title.

4. cpsilo1

cpsilo1 Founding Member

all those projections will change by march anyway