Bracketology

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUweezie, Feb 21, 2005.

1. LSUweezie

LSUweezie Founding Member

2. Mystikalilusion

Mystikalilusion Founding Member

I think we could do some van-damage as a 8-9 seed, if paired with the right no. 1 seed.

But I wouldn't be all that excited about the prospects of going to Charlotte and facing a second round game vs. UNC in Charlotte.

If we beat Alabama, depending on the SEC tourney, I think we can max out around a 6 seed or so, unless we run off a couple and win the tourney.

3. LSUDAN

LSUDAN Founding Member

If LSU can win out and win a couple games in the SEC Tourney we could even play ourself into a #6 or #7 seed. I just hope we beat Bama. We should pull at least one of the last two road games at Auburn and Ole Miss. I just hope the team understands what they can achieve by winning the rest of their games.

LSUDAN

:geauxtige

4. LSUweezie

Ya I deffinetly wouldn't want to meet up with UNC regardless of the site. They are IMO the most talented team in college basketball they're so deep and very explosive.Over the last couple of weeks I've been trying to see what 1 & 2 seeds LSU matches up with the best. But its still early for all of that they'll be alot of shake up going over the next 3 weeks until selection Sunday.

5. LSUweezie

Did yall see this under games of the week.

Alabama at LSU
    The most intriguing SEC matchup so far this season.

I don't Know if they truely belive that or if there just trying to boost there ratings Tuesday night.

6. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

LOL, I can't believe you even had to ask that! :grin:

It's all about the ratings...

7. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

This sucks. people here are talking about whether or not we will be a 8 seed or 12 seed. We are LSU. We should have a basketball team that allows us to talk about whether or not we will be a 1 seed or 2 seed.

Ok, I am done with my moment of sillyness. :)

I would be elated if LSU moved as high as a 6 or 7 seed but I believe they will likely earn a 8 to 10 seed - which by the way still makes me very happy. The SEC tourney is key. LSU needs to play well in it and boost the win total.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i think we are an 8 seed barring a total collapse and at least one win in the SEC trny.

9. b L e S e U r

b L e S e U r Founding Member

when is the last time LSU, USL, and SLU all made the dance?

according to the link, this has good potential to happen.

thats amazing...three teams in a 200 mile stretch of 1-10 in LA all making the big dance.

this is good

10. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

the sec often gets screwed with seedings. we beat each other up (happens in other conferences too) then you get a seed 1-3 spots too low. the crappy thing is, its sort of a self-fullfilling prophecy. you're seeded too low, so you play a better team than perhaps you should and you lose---then they say "we were right"

obviously, no difference between 8 and 9 seed, but both suck as far as chances to get to 16. this sounds stupid, but maybe it'd be better for us to lose a couple and get a 10 or 11 seed. you play a better team first but you dont have to face #1. this year especially, there is a big drop after the top 3 or 4 teams.

teams we match up ok with. washington, ok st, arizona.