brady at sanford

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU84, Dec 4, 2002.

1. LSU84

LSU84 Freshman

Dealt closely with some of Brady's players during his days at Samford in Bham. Their take on brady was he was a hell of a recruiter, but would run off 1 or 2 players per year due to his incessant screaming, yelling, etc. Also, his public criticism of his players did not sit well, and I think you are seeing evidence of both of these traits, esp, this year when the pressure is really on Brady to produce. Granted, Johnson may not have been the most disciplined of players, but who is in the year 2002 when cornrows are in, baggy pants, etc. Brady is going to have to adapt his style or the high profile talented players like Johnson, Swift, will want to stay and play for him.

Also, the Samford players felt Brady was lacking in X's and O's about BBAll. They felt that Brady surrounded himself with good assistants. Not sure if I totally agree or understand this. He seems to be average with his coaching ability.

2. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

So Now

Coaches can not yell at players during practice and games because they might get their feelings hurt. He is the Coach and if you don't want to do it his way then take the Highway.

3. roygu

roygu Founding Member

SCREAMING

Yeah I could never visualize Saban raising his voice in public or even confronting them in any way that might call attention to them in a negative way. Bwa haa haa.

Never in my wildest dreams could I ever imagine a quarteback running a play in a game, that we had not practiced, Saban whispered in Bootys ear, as they left the stadium, after the loss to UAB.