Brady Getting A Raise?????? What the....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TwistedTiger, May 14, 2004.

1. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Please quit bashing SabanFan and go after Bertman. Obviously Skip is as boneheaded as I am. What a glorious start to the day! :D :D :D
    Now let's hear what the real experts have to say. The TF basketball experts, that is.

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

If we're going to keep him we should give him a raise, this one isn't a big raise for an SEC coach and his ranking on the salary scale proves that, so I am glad they gave it to him. If they didn't other schools would use that fact against LSU in recruiting.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Skip is smart. You never do anything to undercut an active coach and damage LSU's recruiting. You back a coach 100%, including raises and praises . . . right up to the point that you fire him, whenever that may be.

5. Gulf Coast Tige

Gulf Coast Tige Founding Member

I love Skip, but this is boneheaded. Why give him a raise? It will just cost us more when he gets fired.

6. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Did you read the article? He doesn't seem to be planning on firing him Skip said Brady is doing a great job.

7. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

LOL, like i said before:
    LSU basketball expectations are definitely lower than when it comes to football or baseball ;)

8. Tiger1131

Tiger1131 Founding Member

Use the "pool" of money for the assistants. We already know what we've got with Brady.

9. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

Skip's gotta stay above board when it comes to handling these types of situations. It is a modest raise, as it goes, enough to squelch some of the uproar for now. That is just the dept line for lets go one more year and see how it goes.

10. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

That makes sense. Although it was quite obvious, it was good to hear the quotes from Brady in the article that last year was not satisfactory and the program has to do better. Mediocrity will not be tolerated.

There are a bunch of if's that I can't predict. If all of the if's go our way (Bass coming back, Davis staying at least 2 yrs, getting Tasmin, etc.), I feel that Brady can coach that type of talent into a top 15 team. Hell, we had broken into the rankings and were moving up until the Lloreda situation last year.