Brady's classic quote in the advocate today

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by friday, Mar 13, 2004.

1. Tiger1958

Tiger1958 Founding Member

Coach Saban has to take the same risk. He improves his recruiting class every year since his first year.

2. Catdaddy

Catdaddy Freshman

I respect Saban as much as any of you, but what happened to his program season before last when his main man was injured. The team went right down the tubes. Brady
    must be given a chance to have a t least a couple of years with full schollies before he can be judge as uneffective.

3. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Your thought process speaks for itself the only thing I will add that thier are 2 thought processes.
    1 this team and coach can feel sorry for themselves and make excuses.
    2 they can stick together and play like us against the world.

Which process has the coach and this team done so far?
    Does his quote from this morning tell you anything?
    Should we be able to compete against teams like Auburn and USC or in the SEC tourney, notice I didn't say lose I said compete.

4. MiketheTiger

MiketheTiger Founding Member

Sourghdoughman,

If you are against Brady, you might as well be against LSU and the basketball team, because no matter how much you bitch and sound like a Tulane fan, Brady will be back next year and won't need your support anyways. If Bertman and Emmert can support him, so can I. After all they are his bosses, not us. All of this coach bashing accomplishes NOTHING except embarrass the school and hurt potential recruiting.

By the way, Lloreda didn't just get hurt, but he QUIT on his team. He could have been the bigger man and been there for his teammates and give moral support on the bench. Tell me how many people have had a star player quit this close to the end of the season. You will say that Brady shouldn't have recruited him. I will say that any person that did the things he has done would have done it on any team. It's the player, not the coach. But anyways, I am not going to bash my head against this Anti-Brady-wall anymore. It only feeds the fire and that's what ya'll want.

5. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

we know where each other stands then, we'll just leave it at that
    Hopefully next year won't be as painful as this year... :D

Btw, i trust Skip and Emmert to do the right thing whatever that may be
    This thread pretty much speaks for itself by the way

6. Jwho77

Jwho77 Founding Member

No, I'm sorry. It's the coach. Signing problem guys like Lloreda, Ford, and Minor along with recruiting mistakes like Bridgewater and Whipple are a coach' fault. Failure to recruit a good point guard (NOTE: Torris Bright was not a point guard but Brady tried to make him one for 4 years) is a coach's fault. Having an average of 2 players per season THAT YOU SIGNED quit on your program is both abnormal and a coach's fault. I ALWAYS want the Tigers to win. I still want them in the dance. But, I know we are selling LSU basketball short with John Brady.

7. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

So what's worse: signing a "trouble" guy and cutting him loose or signing one a nd keeping him on board? Also, it's awfully pompus for people on this forum to fault the coach for the ever changing moods and feelings of teenagers. Parents have the same problems. Does this make them "bad parents"? No. It makes them parents with bad teenagers. The same goes for a coach. How is he responsible for what a kid decides? The last time I looked, we were responsible for our own action. Was it Saban's fault that Trev Faulk jumped early to the NFL? Was it Saban's fault that Damien James did his best Afroman impersonation and "Got High"? Seriously, don't let the glare from the BCS Crystal blind you.

I'm still waiting for someone to reply to my previous post. I'd like the name of a team that has dealt with this type adversity year in and year out. That does not include Syracuse this year who lost Carmello Anthony. What about the previous 4? I have only seen LSU take a scholarship limited team to the sweet 16, have winning seasons with the same scholarship limitations and injuries that decimated the team and defeat a #1 ranked team, etc.

The beauty of being a fan is that hindsight doesn't apply. Put up or shut up...

8. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

You must first ask yourself, "why is there such adversity"? IMO it is because Brady has no control of this team. Sure 3 or 4 players left the team during the season and that is because they lacked character and leadership skills. That is Brady's fault, as a coach and recruiter it is your job to assess the talent as well as the attitude. Goes back to the old saying, "There is no I in TEAM". Cheesy, yes, but also true. Look at what Brady did with Stro and Smith, how many people jumped ship from that team. I question Brady more as a recruiter and disclpinarian(sp?) than as a coach. He has as much control over this team as did Dinardo.

The adversity that you speak of is not because his teams play hurt, which is part of the game, it is because they lack discipline and teamwork.

But then again I am but one voice in tiger nation.

9. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

Also to answer your question about a team that has overcome as much adversity as LSU is an easy answer. There isn't one, because programs that allow such conduct do not and will not succed. Look at what Bobby has done in TT in two years. Duke never has a problem. Even Gonzaga that has a total of around 5000 students do not have this problem. No Discipline No Teamwork No Frickin Way!!!!

10. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Look at the percentages, not the mnumbers. What percentage of players Brady has recruited are still with the program and what percentages have produced or the last 4 years. To me that is the telling fact of Brady's program, every coach can have a recruit or 2 that doesn't measure up in some way, every coach has recruits that are as good as hoped, but the percentage shouldn't be near as high as this.