Brando announces he's leaving CBS...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TerryP, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Warskule

Warskule Freshman

This. Verne is horrible and lacks the capability of doing commentary without bias.

StaceyO likes this.
  2. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

So what's the deal with Brando? Is he being forced out? It's not like someone to leave a place they've been for so long without already having a new gig in place. Something's not adding up here.

3. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Some have suggested he was in line for a spot on the SEC Network. News coming out of Bristol has ESPN exec's thinking of putting Musburger in that role.

Here's an excerpt from an article on Brando. It doesn't explain how his CBS gig ended...

Tim Brando announced last week that he was leaving CBS Sports after working for the network for 18 years. In an interview with the Houston Chronicle's David Barron, Brando said, "I feel confident that something good is going to happen and that my future is bright, but in order for that to happen, I have to be someone who is available. They have to know that I am a free agent," he said. "For those that are out there and making plans and shuffling the deck, they need to know that I would like to put my name in the shuffle and let's see where (the cards) fall."

Here's a link to an article from SI on the changes we're looking at in the booth for 2014.

4. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Puuleeeeease not mustburger, he is the worst in the history of sportcasters. I cant imagine sec fans being happy with him on the network.

5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I'd rather Hawthorne

6. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

If he is only doing football I don't think we'll have to listen to him too much except for our lesser games. I hope so.

7. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I've wondered if the SECN is going to push the afternoon game as their big one for the week or the Saturday night game. Whichever they choose, assuming Musburger does end up at the SECN, that'll be where we see him.

8. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

When I read about the SECN the article stated that fb games that were not picked up by CBS or ESPN would be televised on the SECN. To me, those games would not be marquee games. Can't imagine Mush wanting to announce those games.

9. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

@cajdav1 I've not seen anything about selection order at this point but I assume it remains the same.

The wild card the SEC offices have is when they kick off. How often have we seen four or five games kick off at the same time on a Saturday night?

Take a look at Oct. 11th: LSU v UF, Bama v UArk, UGA v Mizzou, AU vs State, OM vs A&M.

I'd think out of those last four games one would be another afternoon kick. I could see CBS grabbing your game and the SECN grabbing OM vs A&M.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Mooseburger is over the hill, I can't believe that the SEC would hang their hat on him.