Brandon Bass Commits to LSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSULaw, Feb 14, 2003.

1. LSULaw

LSULaw Freshman

I didn't see this posted on the board, but Dandy Don is reporting that Brandon Bass 6' 8" Power Forward has verbally committed to LSU. I don't know much about him, other than that he is rated as one of the top 20 players in the country. Regardless, this is a great pick-up for LSU and Brady. With the Tigers playing better lately and the top 5 recruiting class that Brady has brought in LSU basketball may be on its way back up and Brady may be able to save his job.

2. Tigernut4

Tigernut4 Founding Member

HUGE PICKUP

bass will be playing in the McDOnalds All american all Star game, bass tack and koundja will alll be playing in the EA sports game, (that game had shaq kobe and others before)
    whens the last time LSU got a McDonalds All American?

3. LSULaw

LSULaw Freshman

Was Stromile Swift a McDonald's All-American? If not, I'm guessing it was either Shaq, Chis Jackson or John Williams. I assume at least one of them was a McDonald's All-American. Was Randy Livingston one?

4. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Yeah, I remember Randy Livingston and Ronnie Henderson playing in the game and dominating. Vitale thought for sure LSU would have the best backcourt for a few years. Oh well. What ever happened to Henderson?

5. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

swift was one. I think he won the slam dunk contest. At the time i think he was the number 3 rated prospect in the country behing ronald curry of N.C. and somebody else can't remember who though.

6. eric d

eric d Founding Member

I don't know if Stromile Swift was in it, but I know that bonehead Lester Earl was and he did win the dunk contest.

7. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

I was a McDonalds All-American, I once ate 20 Chicken McNuggets in one sitting....wait yall are talking about basketball? Nevermind, I stink at basketball.:eek:

8. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

i know he never played basketball, but wasnt Marcus Spears *close* to making AA?