Brandon Bass

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUweezie, Feb 19, 2005.

1. LSUweezie

LSUweezie Founding Member

Bass is an absolute lock for SEC player of the week. He had a monster week.

2. Bengaleze

Bengaleze Founding Member

I attended my first game today and he's all that and a bag of chips. What I like about both he and Big Baby is that when they catch the ball they turn around and face the basket, either drop step or dribble in and almost always drawing the foul. The Big One is going to be special if he continues to progress like he has this year. When Big Baby takes about 2 or 3 steps he can really get up for a 315 pounder.

3. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

The amazing thing about his game is his efficiency. 8-10 FGs resulting in 27 pts. Almost 3 pts per shot!!

4. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

a bit misleading because 10 pts came from fts which dont count as shots.

similar to what has been said by announcers a couple times this year--lsu needs to get the ball to bass more, he only took 4 shots in the first half. when he actually took 8 but got fouled 4 times

5. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

If Bass finishes strong, he should be SEC player of the year. He has played better than Roberts in both of the games. Bass is now 2nd in scoring (17.5), tied for 3rd in rebounds (8.6), 1st in FG % (58.3), 7th in FT% (79.1), and 4th in blocked shots (1.7).

Not bad for a sophomore...

6. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

I realize about the FT's but it's still amazing. Compare him to someone like Iverson who needs 20-25 shots a game to get to 30 points.