Brandon Lafell

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by MALONE121212, Jan 18, 2005.

1. MALONE121212

MALONE121212 Founding Member

I saw where we were #1 for Lafell after his visit. I also saw that RJ jackson and him would like to go to the same school. This would be two great pickups for Miles!

2. JVincent25

JVincent25 Founding Member

Lafell looks like a huge steal at only a 3 star prospect, he has excellent size for a wideout at 6'3/180. I'd be a little skeptical of his speed listed on Rivals, but he looks to be a big play WR. Plus, he is still very raw and has a lot of potential (he sort of reminds of Dwayne Bowe coming out of HS). If he could help reel in RJ then he is that much better. Get it done Les!

3. philter

philter Founding Member

I wouldn't get too excited, I think Florida is where both guys want to go. One thing going for us is that Florida has yet to offer LaFell. Don't know if he will be offered on his upcoming visit, but one Florida guy on another board said he has not been offered because of 'grades'...but he didn't elaborate.

4. loco4lsu

loco4lsu Freshman

Here are direct quotes from RJ Jackson. I don't see where you get the idea that Florida is the leader for his services.

”I absolutely love the environment at LSU. I loved it. It is like a home away from home to me. I would have loved to have played for Nick Saban but I will go to LSU because of the school, not because of the coaching staff. But with coach Miles being there now it makes things easier if I pick them.

”Florida was a school I liked when coach (Ron) Zook was there. Now they have coach (Urban) Meyer and I think he will do a great job at Florida. I really want to see what Florida has to offer and I will not make a decision until I visit them on January 28th. I know them the least of all these teams.”

5. philter

philter Founding Member

Back on the 5th, he said:

Then, yesterday he said:

Couple that with him visiting UF on the last weekend...just before the dead period begins (Meyer good talker, appealing offensive history) and you have something to be concerned with.

One more factor though is LaFell and him seem to want to go to the same program. They both list UF and LSU in their top two or three..so we're in it. Just call it a gut feeling.

6. philter

philter Founding Member

Fox SW recruting just came on and said he thought RJ would decide between OSU and LSU...but I don't put stock into those shows, they rarely have the most up to date information, plus RJ is notoriously hard to get ahold of.

7. philter

philter Founding Member

Oh yea, LaFell and RJ will visit UF the same weekend just before dead period.

8. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Some of the players at LSU may not want LaFell there after he spilled the beans about some stuff they said last week.

All good stuff now I guess.

9. philter

philter Founding Member

Where did those quotes come from? If I were a current player I don't think that would put me off of him, at least he didn't name names. Under Saban, those kids couldn't even have said that..so it bodes well for them giving Miles an honest chance to win them over.

10. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Notice my little blinker on my post, I was kidding. The guys probably don't mind. The quote came of the TigahDen board, the guy didn't put a link.

Here's Saban on one of his meaner days though.

[​IMG]

Now I see how he kept the press out.