Brennan Gone and now back in the fold at LSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU_4_LIFE, Nov 30, 2016.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

This shit is funny. If this kid really doesn't sign because he is scared to compete the he can suck a fart.

2. kcal

kcal Founding Member

And yet 17 year old quarterbacks everywhere could see why LSU was where qb dreams came to die. And the sad part is me like a few others thought they didn't have the chest to compete

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Go check our QB talent rankings.

It aint the problem. This kid wont make or break LSU.

4. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

Look at Tyrann, by the way he played he should have been 5 stars. This guy came in under the radar and turned out to be one of the best pure football players we ever had.

It's been coming to light lately that Miles did this with much of the offense. He often signed OL, TE, and QB and moved them from their strengths. I don't think any of our OL plays their natural position and it becomes apparent when we play physical fronts. Recruiting was not as big a problem, as not utilizing our strengths. These guys won in spite of Les not because of him. And I'm speaking of the post 2011 Les, he seemed to better before that date.

5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

True. I remember Al Woods on defense too. The coaches thought 3 and 5 tech guys were the same, I guess.

Miles first or second year, I think it was, he moved some guy he brought in from up nawth, from one side of the ball to the other and it worked out very well. I guess dufus thought it meant that had to be the way of the future. haha

Who was that guy? Anyone remember?

EDIT: I just found it. J. Barksdale. Wasn't Miles first or second year though.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
  6. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

Good lord. Lets start with that terrible analogy. Stars are not analogous to a bikini. The appropriate analogy would be that a woman isn't attractive just because someone else calls her a ten. The problem for you is that the appropriate analogy proves that you're wrong because if someone calls a woman a ten, it makes it more likely that she is attractive. There's nothing wrong with using stars to evaluate player talent; in fact there's plenty good in doing so. You only want to throw stars out the window because they don't help you here. Even if you want to throw out stars, then just state how you are going to judge talent from before the players started receiving coaching. Then we can show how the QBs LSU got had good talent coming out of HS.

Moving on, Miles did get insurance for Zach Lee. His name was "Zach Mettenberger." No one recruited Darron Thomas at QB; it wasn't just us. You're also speaking out of both sides of your mouth; on one hand you criticize the staff for recruiting dual-threat QBs and on the other you criticize them for not recruiting Darron Thomas, the ultimate dual-threat QB. Thomas was not a fit for our offense, so there was no issue with no recruiting him there. And again, since you can't seem to remember, Thomas received coaching and played in an excellent offensive scheme for his skill set, which turned him into a good player. Pitching Shepard the QB position has nothing to do with what we're talking about. If it helped get him here, then I'd say they did a good job.

Finally, I'll reiterate again since you're missing the point: you need evidence that discriminates between player development and poor recruiting. You can recite all of the stats you want about how Kizer and Rudolph have done after they were developed by an adequate coach; it doesn't matter here because we're talking about recruiting. Kizer and Rudolph did well because they were placed in benevolent situations and received adequate player development. This has nothing to do with recruiting.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  7. LSUTiga

It's THE PERFECT analogy, you just missed it. Putting "decorations" on something doesn't necessarily make it "pretty".

I know it's difficult to follow, that's what the problem was with Mystery Miles. There's no rhyme or reason to what he did.

It has EVERYTHING to do with recruiting, and development. On recruiting, it speaks to recruiting to your needs. QB's that fit, for one thing. You're making my case.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
  8. LSUTiga

I just wanted another opportunity to say, again, how great an analogy that bikini thing was.

9. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

This post makes no sense. If you believe that explanation for your analogy, then you truly don't understand how stars actually work.

10. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Keep up with Tiga's brain, though. He just wanted to type bikini, to hell with the validity of his analogy.