Bryce Brown comment earns Kiffin a recuiting violation - update

Discussion in 'College Recruiting' started by Mike in Memphis, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Mike in Memphis

Mike in Memphis Old Tiger

Bryce Brown comment earns Kiffin another NCAA violation –
    From the Nashville, TN Tennessean
    The link: http://www.tennessean.com/article/20090213/SPORTS0601/90213070/1002/SPORTS

Good ole rocky top ---
    :rofl:

2. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

If he keeps it up, Kiffin might not make it to his first game.

3. Seaward

Seaward Fear have you?

As I look on all the other schools boards they bash CLM for being a little bit off and I admit he will make you scratch your head sometimes but damn this Kiffin is just a dumb*** that just can't seem to get out of his own way. In a two week period he douche bagged his way into stealing one of our recruits, well done I might add while at the same time telling lil white lies to myles to keep him in the fold, classic. Let's see he threw a coach under the bus for a cheating violation but was wrong in his accusations, Wow thats genius that just earned you an ass whoopin next season. Now just as volnation thinks they will get Brown or maybe Oku, Kiffin strikes again. Is this what is going to happen with every recruit they go after that rates over 3 stars? I mean with all the drama, did we even hear of any vol recruiting before JJ? I'll answer that with a NO because only 3 star athletes come out of high schools in TN and the only reason the state of TN gets any 4 star rated kids is I think rivals and scout have to meet some quota per state. So with the lack of talent UT has to go picking up the scraps left over by other states and UT was struggling before they went all in on JJ. If Kiffin keeps going he will struggle outside of his own state in my opinion even for the scraps. So I guess all I'm trying to say is I'm glad we have coach Miles and not the SEC douche bag.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

just need to quote this so i can read it later. i think it may be gold.

5. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Agree, that is quite a post by Seaward! Excellent synopsis.:wink:

6. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Lane Kiffin fits this definition:

[​IMG]

To a T (as in UT)

7. Seaward

Seaward Fear have you?

Thank you, something had to be said. I hate to admit but I lived in TN for 15 years and had developed a soft spot for the coon hats as my second team to pull for but Kiffin being there just makes me feel sorry for the UT fans. Can you imagine having to come on all these boards and try to defend your team when you know you got that jackass as coach. Its like they just received a prison sentence and they know that they can do nothing but bend over and take it for the next three years. If they are lucky and sit there quietly, they will get paroled early and he will get fired after one year until then just know that Florida is your cell mate and its lights out. Ouch!!

8. stevescookin

I know what you mean. There are teams that you hate in the SEC, and there are teams that you are kind of neutral about or may even like somewhat when they're not playing LSU. For me Tennessee was one of those teams that I always respected. I grew up in a neighborhood where one of my friends' dad was actually an All American at Tennessee. His mom was even Miss Tennessee I believe. Either way, I was pre disposed to root for them especially because they rarely played LSU when I went to school there.

That's why this UT coaching staff makes me sick to my stomach. I'm sure a lot of "old school" Tennessee fans are sick as well. Can you begin to imagine what it would be like to have a coach at LSU that was that immature; that overnight became the most hated coach in the conference by all because he basically flips his finger at every other program; that alienates the inner circle of donors and staff?

If the NCAA ever sanctions UT for the violation a week policy, or if anyone wins a wrongful termination suit against the University, Kiffen will be in trouble. Maybe he's trying to fire up the average hillbilly on the street by his actions because he's already in some trouble with the Universities movers and shakers; and street popularity is his immature way of fighting back.

We have some awesome, respected rival posters from UT that have posted here in the past and their silence is deafening. I assume they don't want to say anything bad about the school they love on a rival's website and I don't blame them - I wouldn't want to either. Maybe they're still giving the coaching staff the benefit of the doubt and are hoping all this is a blip on the radar; hoping things will eventually die down. I don't think think things will. I think it's only a matter of time before the University gets embarrassed again either internally or publically. What a shame. What a sad time for a great University and for the entire SEC.

I hope they're too busy to post because they're serving on the secret new coach search committee.

9. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

As expected, here is an investigation involving Brown's amateur status and his handlers involvement.

NCAA investigating Brown's eligibility GoVolsXtra

10. stevescookin

Someone on Tigerdroppings mused that this was all part of Kiffen's plan to keep the Tennessee brand out there in the news 24/7.

:rofl: !!!