Bush's TAX Cut

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by DeafValleyBatnR, Feb 14, 2004.

1. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

Why would anybody bitch about a TAX cut that just kills me. I mean you have people bitching that he should not have givin us a tax cut that cant afford the tax. I just do not get these Democrats. If Democrats would learn how to give some of my money back I might actually think about voting for them. NOOOOOTTTTT

2. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

Democrats (at least liberals) think tax cuts give people the govt's money instead of thinking they reduce the amount money the govt takes from people.

3. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

The theory is and most economists agree prolonged tax cuts and increased spending will lead to increased inflation. Tax cuts are very rarely good for an economy, and coupled with frivolous spending are terrible.

We can see evidenceof this already, look how low the dollar is trading for against international currency. What is even scarier is that the cheap dollar isn't attreacting foreign investmenr as it should. The global view of our economic situation is not very good right now.

4. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

Cheap dollar was a very bad idea, and I don't know why we are sticking with it. Our trade agreements are very bad. It has been said America has the worst trade negotiators in the world.

Tax cuts combined with spending increases never work, I'll agree with that. It seems nobody in govt. understands that if you have less money to spend, you need to spend less money. I support tax cuts in conjunction with a balanced budget constitutional amendment. If our govt. was required by law to balance the budget and put 5% of federal revenue toward paying off the national debt a year, like I want, we would see a whole lot less fiscal problems. Govt. of course, would be restrained in the services it could provide, and, while tax cuts would be harder to come by, the people could still throw anybody who pushes taxes unreasonably high out of office, so a happy balance could be found.

Unfortunately, balanced budget amendment, once a GOP ideal, has gone completely by the wayside. I kid you not, there are probably less than 20 votes for it in Congress right now. And everybody, Republican and Democrat, wants it that way. They love pork and we love having the Mommy State take care of our every little need. :dis:

5. DeafValleyBatnR

So what you are saying is that you want more taxes and you want the government to have all your money.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

All you right wingers are racists and Bush is a liar and if he killed Laura on the White House steps you wouldn't say a thing.

7. JD

JD Founding Member

Republicans think that the only people who should pay taxes are the middle class and that things like highways, court systems, fire, police and national defense are free and the middle class should be proud to finance them for the wealthy (not to mention subsidies, special tax breaks and no-risk/audit/bid contracts).

We saw it in the bush tax cut plan when 1/2 of the people in the lowest bracket got a ZERO marginal rate cut. Predictably, the wealthiest people in America got the highest percentage cut.

8. CottonBowl'66

CottonBowl'66 Founding Member

Republican fiscal policy is based on hastening the accumulation of wealth in the hands of a few people at the top, and letting them run things. It is unhealthy for a society to have too much of its wealth being held by a few, but that is the situation that Republicans are trying to encourage more and more.

It is happening under Democrats also, but Republicans want it greatly accelerated.

They want to create a plutocracy, where the rich will control everything for the people, who will basically exist to serve the companies and jobs they decide to create. That is the way the right wing sees the average American, as just a tool in the cog of these huge corporations.

I suspect that most Republican voters like to see the unemployment rate at around 7-10%, which greatly weakens labor unions, and drives down wages. That is why Bush's economic advisors have no problem with the jobless recovery. I am sure they are privately jumping for joy.

Social issues that pander to the religious right, anti-gun control positions that get redneck voters, and issues that are aimed at minorities and work to the advantage of white voters are necessary to get these voters to support candidates who do not have their best interests at heart on economic issues.

9. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Jetstorm I think you and I are on the same page fiscally. This cheap dollar crap is designed to invite foreing investment, but the only ones with enough confidence in our economy are the Chinese. The Chinese governtment owns the most US treasury bonds.

10. DeafValleyBatnR

When was the last time a Democrat gave a tax cut? I sure do remember a lot of taxes.

The State of louisiana is run by Democrats that should say it all.