Bye Bye Gumps...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GregLSU, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

I did see one really hot bama chick that they zoomed in on near the end of the game, but they were so close to her face with the shot that I don't know if you could even see her hair color. But damn, she was fuckin gorgeous. I don't think the girl with the crybaby last year was hot at all.

2. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

Aww, that chick was cute. And, compared to that tearful sad sack jackhat she was with--yes, she was HOT!

3. geneinga

geneinga Veteran Member

And another national championship is added in their minds. What is it, thirty-seven now?

4. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Nah man, they win one every year.

5. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

That absolutely should not have been allowed to happen last year. I've been complaining since 2003 that if you do not win your Conference, you should not be allowed to play for the NC, because it waters down the value of the Conference Championships.

I know that the NFL has re-matches all the time in the Superbowl and in play-off games, but, I don't like it for college football.

gynojunkie and StaceyO like this.
  6. plotalot

plotalot Veteran Member

It was wrong to think of a Ohio State/Michigan rematch in 2006 as it was to rematch LSU/Bammer last season. Florida steped up and showe everyone why a Big 10 matchup would have been a farse. Oklahoma State had a decent resume of wins and were a solid #2 in the unbiased computer ranking last season. The Gumps had one decent win, a loss to LSU and a head coach that had the day free on Championship Saturday, so he crawled under the desk on the set of College Gameday before he got a chance to whine about how his team was #2. The voters in the human polls bought it, they recognized the Gumps not for what their season had proved who they were. Rather the looked like the only possible team that could have beaten LSU last season.

7. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

And more evidence of the SEC backlash came last night, when Dan Hawkins (what an idiot) was channeling his former Boise State-lying-about-playing-tough-teams-ways when he suggested that the out-of-conference schedules of the top teams in other conferences were playing "tough" competition out of conference. His first example? Stanford played San Jose State. What?

He mentioned that Michigan sucks, but didn't mention LSU's thrashing of UW that looks better and better.

Jean Lafitte likes this.
  8. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

But of course! That perennial powerhouse, San Jose State. LOL! "Where great teams go to get their dreams destroyed." LOL

StaceyO likes this.
  9. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

10. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Gumps are back !!

I was never among those who thought they were out of it after losing. I knew there was a chance that a couple of teams above them would not go undefeated and that Bama would be placed right into the BCS #2 slot.

There is hope for Bama-Haters, because, I think that Georgia beats them.

LSUTiga likes this.