Caddy over Justin Vincent

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by HatcherTiger, Jun 16, 2004.

1. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

2. wesfau

wesfau Founding Member

Why is that off base? Auburn is a run-oriented offense (despite whatever scheme Borges brings with him) that is focused on CW. LSU has more weapons at wide-receiver along with a larger stable of RBs. All of that leads one to believe that CW will get more chances for Fantasy Points. The author wasn't stating that CW is definitely better than JV (even though I think he is ;) ), only that CW offers the better chance for fantasy players to get points with an RB based on all the offensive factors.

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Well you must not watch much football because Caddy should be rated ahead of Vincent at this point. When it is all said and done and both of their college careers are over Vincent may be rated higher but he only has 7 or 8 games under his belt and did it with a much much better offensive line and a passing game. Auburn was very very one dimentional and had a very average O-line last season and Caddy still put up some good numbers. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

caddy is the real deal. justin is still proving himself.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Williams is a senior and has paid his dues. He led the SEC in rushing last year and is the star RB in this league. Vincent has more upside and will push Williams this year, maybe even pass him . . . but he hasn't done it yet.

Now, LSU has the better running back squad and they will outrush Auburn as they did last year. But Cadillac is the Man until somebody takes it away from him. Keep watching.

6. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

If the trends continue that started last season Vincent will have a better year than Caddy but I doubt if he'll score as many points for fantasy football if scoring TD's is a big component. The Tigers will have many more options when in the REDZONE than Auburn so I would expect Willimas to get more TD's.

7. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Not to nit-pick, but...well, yes, I guess I am:

Shaud Williams- 1367 yards
    Cedric Cobbs- 1320 yards
    Carnell Williams- 1307
    Justin Vincent- 1001

Carnell is the leading returning rusher, though, JV second.

8. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

You cannot argue about Caddy, Although Justin is greatness, Caddy is the real deal. Assuming he stays healthy (As in all of last year) that guy will be huge in both his Senior Season and in the NFL.

Dont worry he will average well over a 100 yards per game, the only game that will hurt his average is when he plays LSU where he will gain 3.2 yards averaging just under .00001 yards per carry ;)

Seriously though Caddy is pretty darn good, Justin is as well, the only difference is Justin has a National Championship game MVP already, he wont get that award next year. Dwayne Bowe will ;)

9. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

It will be intersting to see how JV stacks up this year starting all 13 games :lol: counting the SEC CG and our bowl game. He did have a better average than Caddy last season and also did much better vs the marquee teams. Caddy is the real deal and I am not knocking him but Vincent just may actually be better. Just am not sure how the fantasiy league's work and if td's ar epart of the equation than Caddy just may be a better pick.

10. alaman

alaman Founding Member

Wingnut never knows if Caddy can play as he is injury prone. This gives JV the lead.