Welcome to TigerFan.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the LSU community.

Can Anybody Tell Me Why

Discussion in 'The RoundTable' started by Bengal B, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

the price of ground meat is so high? Is there a fucking cow shortage. Yesterday I saw ground chuck priced at $5.99 a pound. It hasn't been that long ago when I could buy ribeyes for a couple of dollars more. I have google ground beef prices but can't get an answer why
    LSUDad likes this.
  2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

When Petro spikes so does everything else.
  3. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

There is a massive drought going on and there is very little grass to range on.
  4. LSUDad

LSUDad Senior Member

At times you can find a sale on Beef Roast, get them to de-bone and grind it up for you at no charge. Make sure the leave some of the fat to help with the %'s.

Hi Nabor will do this in BTR. Along those lines, we lost the owner Mr. Sam last week.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/th...amuel-joseph-crifasi&pid=171245645&fhid=17443

BOT: Years ago I raised my own cattle, so I know what I was getting. My cousin owned a meat market.

A little more on this, you'll see ground round for less than a round steak. They take the older steaks that change in color from the lighting, add a little water and grind it up. What you wouldn't buy in steak form, you bought in ground form.

Aged beef is another thing most don't know about. Its not about an old cow, its beef that is hung after its slaughtered. I use to hang them an easy three to four weeks after slaughter.