Can anybody tell what are linebacker core is gonna be like next year?????

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by gladishh95, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

I like how Chavis moves some of his bigger, slower safeties to LB. It's frickin' brilliant. If speed rules in the SEC, a safety at LB is the way to go. Even if they don't have the true tackling power of a Big Ten LB, they can slow down a ball-carrier long enough for the clean-up crew.

2. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

Your first post here, and you chose to flame somebody? :dis:

3. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

God knows Hatcher is a liability in the secondary against the pass...maybe he can gain a few pounds and move to LB.

4. vesperiaLSU

vesperiaLSU Veteran Member

I agree, Hatcher should be moved to MLB. Dude loves to hit people hard without seeing who is in front of him. Speed was really the only thing we lacked in this past year's LB position, hopefully with a few young guys like Mingo stepping in, we won't be that bad at defending read options.

5. sean5340

sean5340 Freshman

Can anybody tell me what are linebacker corps is gonna be like next year?????

Say what?

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

well, all those worried about Hatcher, I don't think you should be, Loston, and Reid proved that they are better, and hell, I wouldn't mind seeing Tyrann moved to safety. He is kind of undersized but at strong safety I think he would be an asset. He is a guy that needs to be on the field as much as possible.

7. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

A friend and I were discussing Mathieu's role and both agreed he should just roam around the field as the nickel. We should basically be running a 4-2-5 as our base and walking Reid/Loston up to the LOS to give us more run support. But Mathieu is best when he's making plays and causing havoc.

Simon and Claiborne will be fine outside. Then you can allow Mathieu to play rover while Loston/Reid and Taylor rotate at the safety spots.

Chavis will have plenty of options at his disposal. Should be sexy.

8. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

This is pretty much what Chaise does, bringing Francois to the LOS as a Linebacker. He blitzes Ryan Baker a lot on passing downs, dropping Francois into coverage.

9. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Miles will definately be out to recruit some top linebackers for the 2012 class.

10. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

Yeah linebacker is one of the bigger areas of concern for the team. The position is not very deep at all. I'd look for the coaching staff to move someone into one of those positions.