can Sammy Joseph play this year?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Big Earl, Aug 11, 2004.

1. Big Earl

Big Earl Founding Member

can Sammy Joseph play this year?

2. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

The NCAA should rule on that... Today??!!?!

3. Big Earl

Big Earl Founding Member

sweet, is it because of what happened at Colorado that they are considering allowing him to not have to skip a year? If he plays, where do you see him fitting in? Ithink maybe as the 4th-5th CB.

4. BasileTiger

BasileTiger Founding Member

4th or 5th string???

sammy joseph had mad skillz at Shaw. He was one of the most coveted defensive backs on the nation and Saban wanted him bad; but he chose Colorado. If he gets clearing this year; he will make some noise!

5. Maderan

Maderan Founding Member

This guy is a great addition to our team. Even if he doesn't get to play this year working with Webster and Daniels gear him up for next year. It should help what will be a big drop off at CB next year.

6. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

No. Transferring just because the "racial situation" at your old school made you feel "uncomfortable" is not considered a hardship case-type situation by the NCAA.

It was his choice to voluntarily leave. He gets to practice with the team, but not play until 2005.

7. friday

friday Founding Member

is this your interpretation of the rule, counselor? or, is this the actual ruling from the ncaa today?

8. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

They are considering it only because he asks for it to be considered, not because of what happened at CU. Now if they approve him being eligible it would be because of the CU situation.

9. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

The NCAA will be leery (sp?) of setting a precedent for releasing kids on this type of basis. The decision will be interesting. IMHO, I think he will have to sit out a year. But as you know, opinions are like a**holes, and everybody has one...

10. Turbotigerfan

Turbotigerfan Founding Member

I know this is selfish but personally I'd prefer that he not be made eligible this year. I'd rather have him for three more years after Webster and Daniels have gone on to the NFL.