Can we get ESPN Gameday to Baton Rouge?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BayouBengal, May 20, 2003.

1. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

Brett, I didn't mean to snipe at any poster. I just get a little irritated when some of the behavior of our fans is just laughed off because of alcohol and because "that's the way we are." I am all for having several beers at a tailgate and making as much noise as possible in Tiger Stadium. When I am lucky enough to get back down there, I do exactly that. I even enjoy yelling "Tigah Bait!" at opposing fans as they walk by our tailgate. But, stupid antics like throwing golf balls at ESPN personalities just gives the school and its fans a black eye, and it continues to feed the stereotype of LSU fans. Plus, it is more fodder for Skip to continue to crack down on the "freedom" of fans.

Sorry for the rant and for any offense to Hub and Richdog. Let's get back to discussing relevant topics so I can add to my 165 posts. I guess I do need a life.

2. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

My post wasn't aimed just at you or any one poster. I was just trying to cool down the talk a little.

And resent the idea that just because someone has a large post count that they must have no life!:wink: What could be more important than bonding with our fellow Tiger fans? Work?...hogwash!!:lsug: :lsup: :lsug:

3. Hub

Hub Founding Member

I'm not condoning anybody throwing anything at anybody......

I was just havin a little fun with the "beer factor".

.....and judgin by my post count I am Grade A Loser. (Again, intended for humor)

4. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I guess I'm a grade B+ loser. I'm still well under a post a day though. I agree with SoLA's statements. I was at that GameDay taping in the morning and had a screwdriver to start the day. I was also highly intoxicated by gametime but can at least handle myself well enough to not throw things at people, not attack Gator fans aggressively, or other immature acts. I hope that fans of the SEC will want to bring their families to Tiger Stadium and not have experiences that ruin the trip. If a War chicken fan can't handle a good bit of "Tiger Bait," then that's their problem. If they are physically (or verbally if extreme) threatened or have their property vandalized, the rest of us Tiger fans need to help these guys out. Even if it's an Auburn fan.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Check out my post count. I'm hardly ever home, but computers are everywhere. I fish, hunt, play golf, travel, work (a lot), raise kids and have a moderately happy wife. The number of posts implies only that I like to put in my 2 cents on most every topic.